On Our 2nd Date of Christmas...
After a week of being sick and indoors we decided we were well enough to head over to the downtown Macys to check out the story-book windows and indoor decorations. I was NOT disappointed! It was beautiful! I love the architecture of this Macys, and I especially love how big it it! We got lost a few times trying to find certain things...
 |
| Look at that ceiling!! |
 |
| Christmas Trees everywhere. |
After Macys we walked down State street and did a little Christmas shopping and window shopping. Then we turned the corner and saw the Daley Plaza's Chistmas Tree. I LOVE big Christmas Trees (although I do have to admit, I was hoping this one would be a little bit bigger) but it is surrounded by an awesome German Market, The Chicago Christkindle Market, so that made up for it. We joined the crowds and oo'd and ahh'd over the beautiful glass ornaments, intricate wood nativities, and everything else they had out on display. If our stomachs were back to 100% we definitely would have had a Brat, or a Feta and Spinach pretzel, but instead we just admired the nutcrackers, and dolls and clocks, and little villages. I love love ornaments and it was amazing to walk through and see so many beautiful ornaments on display. My feat of the night, however, was NOT buying an ornament from the German Market for myself. It was quite an accomplishment.
 |
| Gotta love these awesome life-size nutcrackers! |
 |
| And these larger-than-life Nutcrackers. |
I think my favorite part of the night, though, was walking by a church in the city and seeing this on display. A true reminder.
At this point we were starving, and the only place open was the food court in the Olgivy Transportation Center, so we loaded up on Popeyes Chicken and Taco Bell and headed home to watch a classic Chicago Christmas Movie.
 |
| Add caption |
1 comment:
oh my gosh. you are seriously in my version of heaven over there!!! Consider me very green with envy! :) oh, and love the movie selection too!
Post a Comment