With Love, Philladelphia XOXO
My dad lived for 2 years in Philadelphia, and loves this city. When he heard that Ryan had never been there, he instantly decided we would make it a part of our East Coast trip. So, Thursday night we picked up Ryan from the airport in DC, and then made the drive up to Philly. We were blessed with the most gorgeous fall weather, and we had a blast exploring this awesome city! I hadn't been back since I was 11, so it was fun for me to see so much culture and history as an adult, when I can appreciate it just a little bit more :)
 |
| Aren't my parents the cutest couple ever?? |
 |
| Liberty Bell. |
 |
| Walking along the historic streets of Philadelphia. |
 |
| Christ's Church. |
 |
| Independence Hall had all kinds of scaffolding on it, so I thought a photo of Congress Hall would have to do the trick. |
|
|
 |
| See all the scaffolding? I was so disappointed. |
 |
| Outside Independence Hall. |
 |
| The Signer. |
We went to lunch at a little dive called Ishkibibbles, for philly cheese steaks. Delicious!! It also gave me the chance to meet up with one of my dearest friends, Nicole, who has been living in Philadelphia for the last year and a half. It was so fun to see her!!
We went exploring beyond the typical historical sites and found the oldest neighborhood in the history of the US. I LOVED this alley and the gorgeous row houses that are still occupied today.
Another one of my favorite things on this trip was finding Reading Terminal. This was an awesome market full of fresh fruits, veggies, meats, and awesome restaurants. Since Dad already made plans for a cuban restaurant for dinner, we decided to have our dessert first and grab some ice cream before leaving. It was AMAZING. If you ever go to Philly, go to Reading and get some ice cream!
We took a stroll by gorgeous city hall, and of course took some photos in front of the LOVE sign. It did take a local guy to pressure Ryan into giving me a kiss in front of the sign! :)
We ended the day with the most amazing meal. Alma de Cuba was an incredible restaurant for design, and aesthetics as well as the food and flavors. I would go back in a heart beat!
Thanks Dad for showing us the best time ever in Philly!!
No comments:
Post a Comment