I mean, who doesn't, right? Ok, but this blog-stalking is for a good cause. It's not really that creepy. It all started because of my mother. She came across my brother's Mission President's Wife's blog. Did you follow all of that? And so my mom called to tell me that she had spent some time scrolling through all of this woman's blog posts to find a photo of my brother. So what did I do? I asked for the URL and went and did the same thing. But I didn't find anything.
Until today.
Apparently over the weekend the missionaries had to go and get flu shots. Direct orders from their Mission Presidents Wife. So she went, with her camera, and fully stocked first aid kit with Disney Band Aids and promised to hold the boys' hands if they got scared. What a great woman! She even linked her picassa album to the blog, so I could look through 200 photos to find the one of my brother.
And here he his, folks:
| Taking it like a man! (Trust me, many of his fellow missionaries did not take this shot well). |
| Sweet Jasmin band-aid. Your nieces would be sooo jealous!! Ps. What is that watch you are wearing?? |
My incredible little brother, serving his heart out in the SLC mission for our church. 2 years of his life and he is loving it. I have another confession: Wednesdays have become my favorite day of the week. Why? Because that is the day I get a sweet email from Matthew. I have been blown away by how much he has matured and grown over the past 15 months! He has an incredible testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and it such a great example to me. I can't wait to see him next summer when he completes his mission and comes home!!
Here's an excerpt from a recent letter to my mom:
We have had a great week. We now have 4 people on date for baptisim. On Sunday we only had 1 person on date and now its 4!! Aby who got baptized two weeks ago her little brother and sister now want to be baptized! Then we got a great referral from a bishop about a new family that just moved in. They are Navajo and have a little girl that is 9 that wants and needs to be baptized. The family is extremely nice and i am excited to get to teach them.
Last night we brought a Recent Convert with us to a lesson. His name is Travis and his story is incredible. He has faith and lots of it. He is a great example to me. We taught Niki who is a single mother and struggles with lots of problems. We invited her to come to church and to feel of the power that is manifest through the ordinance of the Sacrament. We promised her that peace will increase in her life and that her week will be much more bearable and she obeys the Lord in Keeping his commandments. Travis bore testimony of his conversions and it has blessed his life. Niki talked about how she knows she needs to go to church and become a member of the Lords Church. It was incredible the spirit prompted me and elder davis and was probably of the most perfect spirit filled lesson of my mission. I love teaching the gospel and seeing people commit themselves.
Well i love you and thank you for being so incredible ...
i miss tri tip a lot!! i miss you bread as well. Dont worry i am not homesick. lol
love
your son
No comments:
Post a Comment