I've never really spent much time in the Blue Ridge Mountains, but I got my fair share while I was visiting mom and dad. Apparently these mountains are the oldest in the country, and that is why they are so round (or something like that).
I got to meet up with one of my dearest friends, April Graf, and meet her beautiful 1 year old daughter, Tasha. April picked out this "easy" hike (easy for her, since she is so in shape, being in the military!) while the rest of us struggled up the mountain. Haha. But it was really fun, really beautiful, and I even got to eat a freshly picked apple on my way.
The views of the valley were gorgeous, and although the colors of the leaves were not as vibrant as I would have liked, it was amazing to sit out on these rocks and look out over the
Our hike on the way down was quicker than the way up! I enjoyed walking through the leaves and the beauty of the trees, and just being out in nature. It's amazing how good it feels to get out of the concrete jungle every now and then!
After our hike we went straight to Sonic in Waynesborro for Limeaid slushes. Sooo good! There are a few sonic's in Illinois but they are too far away for me to get to .... so its a good thing we could go in VA! We had dinner on the Mall in downtown Charlottesville and then sad to say we were so tuckered out from Friday's adventures in Philladelphia, and a full day of exercise that we all went to bed early!!
2 comments:
Ya, "they" whoever "they" are said it was an easy hike. mahaha... wasn't really. Very pretty though. Thanks for sticking it out with me!!! SO good seeing you!!!
hi..i'm fitri from indonesia.
i like diz post coz it make me know better 'bout virginia..it's a beautiful place. Btw is that ur daughter? she's so preety..Ok, nice to meet you :)
Post a Comment