The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Monday, October 18, 2010

Virginia is for Lovers Post #2: JCREW Warehouse sale.

Mom saw a sign for a JCREW warehouse sale in Richmond. I did a little google searching and found out (a) it was happening. and (b) you can get amazing deals. Like a-maz-ing deals. So, we decided it was worth the 1-hour drive to Richmond to check it out.

Dad and Ryan had plans to play basketball. So, we had an easy out to say we had plans for the morning too :)

As we arrived in the parking lot a few minutes before the doors opened, I realized I was not prepared for this. A line of at least 100 women were outside the store with huge plastic garbage bags!! I sent mom back to the car to grab a few bags of our own. I envisioned elbow-throwing and fighting over certain coats and dresses...



Luckily, I can say that it wasn't violent in there at all. There was a limited number of women (and a few men) let into the store at a time, and everyone was super nice. Mom and I split and got lost in the piles of tops, bottoms, coats, dresses, accessories, etc etc. I have to admit, it was hard work. Digging through piles and piles of clothes to find those little golden gems was not easy. But in the end, I can say we had success!

To make a long story short -- I ended up with:

1 Long wool coat, in a cream color (valued at approx $300)
1 Mid-length wool coat, in black (valued at approx $200)
5 cotton tops (valued at approx $100)
1 sweater (valued at $80)
1 sweater dress (valued at $80)
1 wool dress (valued at $150)

For a grand total of ... $150.00 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Isn't that AMAZING? I still can't believe it. The best part is that I really needed a warm wool coat for the killer winters here in Chicago, and I got 2 for way less than the price of 1. SCORE! I will be going back to JCREW for more warehouse sales in Virginia!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ok i am actually really jealous of this.

Ryan and Kiley said...

haha and that's saying something! you should go visit my parents in VA and we can totally go raid the warehouse sale together. that is, after you've decided you can fly with this new little baby of yours :)

Hansen Family said...

why didnt you tell me this so you could have shopped for me???

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! This is amazing I am so jealous!!!

Ryan and Kiley said...

sorry tarin, i really did try to look for you but its crazy in there, all the sizes are kind of goofy and you have to try everything on ... you'll have to have mom look for you next time!