The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Virginia is for Lovers Post #4: TJ err Thomas Jefferson err Mr. Jefferson.

Charlottesvillians LOVE Mr. Jefferson. There is a deep respect rooted in the hearts and minds of those who live there. Which is cool, I guess. Just part of the culture, especially on campus The Grounds. Thomas Jefferson lived just outside of Charlottesville, and he designed The University of Virginia. It's a really cool concept, and the architecture is AMAZING. We walked around campus Sunday afternoon ...


The really cute super old church.

Ryan and Mr. Jefferson

The rotunda looks out to the great lawn, and has student residences & professor residences that line either side of the lawn.




Wouldn't it be cool to live there? I thought so too until I saw how tiny they were and realized that they are probably 10x more expensive as regular dorms.


Did you know Edgar Allen Poe went to UVa? It was only for a semester, but they saved his room.







Front of the Rotunda



2 comments:

Brittney said...

I love your boots! I think I need them. :)

Ryan and Kiley said...

haha thanks!! i've actually had these for 4 years now ... they are my favorite!! Definitely a good investment. They have seen me through lots of snow and cold weather.