The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Saturday, August 14, 2010

Last few days of Vaca

After Skagway we had another sea day. We were out in open waters and it was stormy, so it was so choppy!! The boat was rocking back and forth more than I have ever experienced. Its a good thing I came prepared and had Dramamine on board!! We slept a lot, and hung around the ship. I continued reading The Help and was getting sad the book was ending so soon (it's a fairly large book).

That night was another formal night. I already miss the dressing up part of the cruise. Even on the night that weren't a formal night, we dressed up more than we normally do! Dinner was especially good with the surf and tuf option --- Steak and Lobster. YUM!!











By evening it cleared up and we got to enjoy a beautiful sunset.


These are the photos the cruise took -- I took a picture of the picture, so it's not the best.






Saturday was another sea day-- that is, until we ported at 7pm in Victoria, BC. Saturdays' sea day was amazing, though, because it was no longer choppy, and it was sunny and warm (well, warm is relative when you are coming from AK!) So I perched myself up on the sun deck in my swim suit and spent some time in the sun. It was amazing. I even got a little bit of a tan!

Once we got to Victoria, we only had a few hours to spend there, so we decided to go see the Buchart Gardens I love gardens and flowers so I was especially excited to be "blown away" by this famous Canadian garden. And blown away I was. It got dark pretty quickly so we only got a few photos- but let me tell you, this place was gorgeous, and I have never seen begonias this big! I would go here again in a heartbeat.






Seriously, I couldn't get over these flowers. To give you perspective, they were about the size of my hand!




These gardens were created in 1900 by a quarry-man's wife. She thought all the limestone was unsightly, so she designed these gardens, which are impeccably maintained. I have never seen anything quite like it.




It was hard to get group photos because there were literally thousands of people there to enjoy the gardens with us. "Hey, nice tourist who is taking out picture-- can we get some more flowers in that shot?"





Just look at these roses. Ah, love.




Can you tell I loved the gardens??





The other cool thing about this place is the amazing fireworks show they put on after dusk. Its a 30-minute show, that is arranged with classical music. Definitely one of the very best fireworks shows I have ever seen.






Sunday morning we had a great breakfast in the dining room before heading off the boat. We were so sad to see the vacation come to an end. Thanks Jeralyn, for the great vacation!

4 comments:

Brittney said...

Kiley- you look so good in those formal night pics! I kinda want to know where each piece of your outfit is from. :) Also, LOVE Buchart gardens... I think I have all of the exact same pics as you from when I went. I wish I could have that garden as my backyard someday! (riiiiight).

Devin and Lisette said...

Loved hearing and seeing all the pics from your vacation. Sounds like you guys had a great time. I want to take a cruise with the whole family now. That would be awesome!

Rose said...

Very Beautiful. A walk around your garden could get you into a very nice frame of mind!

Ryan and Kiley said...

Britt- you are so sweet, thank you!! I'll break down for you if you really want ;) When did you go to Victoria and Buchart Gardens?? That would be my dream as well. Really, I just want the dalias, giant begonias and roses that they have! Ok, I want the gardens as my backyard :)