So we took off Thursday afternoon. The plan was to stop in Madison, Wisconsin and stay the night. Moving from one big city to another; we had to plan our trip around traffic schedules :)
Ryan drove the truck, and I drove the Xterra. It was fun to drive through Wisconsin and anticipate this new adventure we were embarking upon. This was my view the whole time:

And this:


We did notice a TON of Cheese Houses which is definitely unique to Wisconsin!! When I would get bored, I would just drive up next to my husband and make the honk honk sign. You know, the pull the chain move so the truck guy will blow his horn?


We got into Madison around 8pm. We dropped our bags in our sweet hotel and headed out to find dinner! We were starving. Of course right next to our hotel was ALL of my FAVORITE restaurants:
Chili's
Red Lobster
Applebees
Olive Garden
get the picture?
Somehow I got a second wind from the drive and talked my husband into driving us into downtown Madison. I'm so glad we did!! Madison is such a cool college town The Capital was beautiful, and there were tons of awesome restaurants to choose from. Ryan spotted this little Mexican dive and it proved to be a great choice.


After a great meal we walked around Madison a little more, and then went back to the hotel for a good night's rest. Friday morning we got up and hit the road. Just a few short hours later, Chicago skyline was in view.

And then traffic hit. So much for trying to miss it. Welcome to Chicago!

And finally, home sweet home.

Now we just had to unload our truck...easy peasy, right?!
1 comment:
This scene looks all too familiar but hopefully yours was shorter than 18 hours straight through! Actually it was random. I was blog-hopping around one day (like a few weeks ago) and thought you looked familiar but couldn't figure out why then Caleb came in one day and said "HEY I KNOW HER" and I looked at him strange and he said yeah she was in D.C when I was there. Then it dawned upon me that I had seen you before in pictures on facebook. But yeah I love your blog because it sounds so much like my life! Maybe it is a small world after all! =)
Post a Comment