This is seriously something you should try. Have you ever had terrible service from a company? Something that really made you upset or angry? Did you do anything about it? As part of a class assignment at BYU, I was tasked with writing a service letter complaint to a company where I had terrible service. I wrote the letter, didn't expect much, and was surprised to find that the company not only wrote me back, but sent me a $100 gift certificate to rectify the situation. Sweet!!
So, when I had a terrible flight on Delta last year, what do you think I did? I wrote a letter. What did I receive? $75 certificate for future flights.
Bad alignment from Firestone? (where they forgot to tighten my lugnuts and almost caused me a fatal accident) Check for $139.00 (full reimbursement for the lifetime alignment I purchased).
Bad service from Bloomingdales & the Bobbi Brown Counter (scheduled an appointment for my sister, the bride, on a holiday and did not notify me of early store closing)- 3 Free Bobbi Brown Products worth $100, and a gift certificate to Bloomingdales.
I'm batting 1000, here!! Each time I write a letter, I am not expecting much (because, let's be honest, I'm writing to large Corporations of America), and each time I get a better than expected response! These companies are in fact winning my loyalty with their responses, which is important for them in this economic time.
The cool thing about Bloomingdales is that they used my letter (see below) as a teaching tool. They shared the letter with all of their associates to teach them about good customer service and the result of bad customer service. Props to Bloomingdales!

My husband has now requested that I write a few more letters :) Let's see what Dish Network comes back with...
2 comments:
haha this is great! I did the same thing once with Krylon. The magnetic paint I bought turned out not to be magnetic at all and they sent me 10 free bottles of spray paint along with a refund for the defective bottle. I'm glad to see you had success with bigger companies. Wonder if it will work with Verizon!
haha, you sound like gary!
Post a Comment