The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Tuesday, August 10, 2010

All Aboard!

Our cruise started on a gorgeous day porting out of Seattle. It was fun to explore the ship and have all the anticipation build for this great vacation, and to explore "the last frontier"-- Alaska.





Oh, see my gorgeous flowers in the picture above? Ryan bought them for me at Pike's Place--so we could put them up in our room. Seriously, the best idea ever--so sweet of my hubbie!!! They attracted tons of attention from everyone before we even got on the ship :) As soon as we got to our cabin we were given a vase to put them in. The peonies smelled amazing all week!


That first night we held FHE. Ryan and I were elected to host/teach the lesson. We conducted FHE as we normally do on Monday nights-- with a primary song and all. It was really fun to share that experience as a family with the Merrills. I guess if I hadn't been so worried about teaching a lesson I would have taken some photos ... sorry, folks.

Monday was a sea day. Which means, we were at sea all day. The weather outside was cold and rainy, so we stayed in the ship all day. I took this as an opportunity to read, The Help , which is most definitely one of my favorite books I have read recently.

That evening was our first formal night. I love getting dressed up! This was one of my favorite parts about the cruise. Everyone all gussied up and going to a nice formal dinner, and then to a show. We had a blast!





At dinner Ty was showing off his new toy ... and Ryan had no problems testing it out at the dinner table. Boys will be boys!


After the dinner and the show we were walking through the ship and heard some great music. We were happy to find a dance floor and an amazing band playing! Ryan quickly swept me off my feet and we started dancing. I love spontaneous moments like that with my husband! After a few more songs Tom and Jeralyn joined us on the dance floor. After a few more songs we decided to go find our crooner friend, Arni (who we met on the bus from Seattle). He totally remembered us, and announced to the crowd we were his friends from the bus and we were on our honeymoon! He asked us what our wedding song was, which is Can't help falling in love with you and he sang us our wedding song. It was so romantic to dance with my husband to the same song we danced to on our wedding day, almost 1 year later. This became one of our favorite memories from the trip.




2 comments:

Tenille Gates said...

It looks like you had an AWESOME time! How fun :0) I just finished reading The Help..its a good one :0) I cant believe youve been married for almost a year..time flies!

Jessica said...

Hi, so after blog hopping I found your blog and really enjoy reading it! I can totally relate in that I am LDS, only been a year married and we just moved half way across the nation! But mostly I understand your LOVE for peonies. They are definitely one of my favorite! But really I just love any flower!