The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Thursday, January 28, 2010

Our San Francisco Treat!

Ryan had the opportunity to attend The Fancy Food Show in San Francisco, and being the sweet husband that he is, he bought me a plane ticket to go with him!!

I love love love San Francisco and we had such a good time exploring the city again together. Our adventures began with an early flight, and a bit of a sketchy walk to our hotel... I remember thinking "We're not in Minneapolis anymore, hunny!" We quickly found a great little Thai restaurant in Union Square and then hopped on the bus to explore Golden Gate Park.

I had never been to Golden Gate Park before, which is crazy for how many times I've been to SF. We loved exploring the park and trying to find our way to the Japanese Tea Gardens!


[Gorgeous, right?]


[my cute cute husband]


[gorgeous]


[our toe toes]

[just call us riley]

[love those japanese tea gardens]


[this was a pretty tall bridge/ladder. i think he's scared]


[we make these buildings look tiny]


[redwoods in the middle of the city]

After the Park we headed to Fishermans Warf on the cable cars. We went straight to the Food Market to get us some Crab Chowder in a Bread Bowl. It was sooo amazing. We then checked out some freaks on the street and then went to the Bay Aquarium, which was so cool. Another thing I had never done before in SF. Lots of jelly fish, starfish and sharks! Ryan even faced his fears and touched a sting ray!! I was so Proud


[on the cable car]


[yummy. dinner awaits]


[crab chowder.]

[sting ray. his face is so cute]


[doesn't this remind you of finding nemo?]


[awesome.]

The next day was Sunday, and we wanted to go to church, so we had a quick breakfast outside Starbucks (we got cups of hot water there and made our own hot chocolate and ate the yummy homemade cranberry bread I had brought). Such a great breakfast. Church was awesome, what a great downtown ward. After church we had brunch at The Flaming Omlette. So so good. Then Ryan headed to the Fancy Food Show and I hit the stores!! I was officially a personal shopper that weekend for my Mom and my girlfriend Diana. I can say that I was quite successful!! I am seriously considering making this my new Profession. That night we went to a favorite restaurant E&O Company. The corn fritters and banana spring rolls were amazing!


[Can I just say I love love window storefronts. And I love the ballet.]

Monday began with a quick run in the city. I considered taking a picture of us after the run, but we really were wet rats, so I decided to not do that. Then, Ryan went back to work eating a million samples at his Fancy Food Show and I hit up the BART to meet Miss Linds Fife in Walnut Creek/Danville. I loved getting to spend some quality time with my good friend Linds and going into little Antique Shops and Boutiques. We also went to this great little cafe for lunch where I had the most amazing Butternut Squash Raviolli. This is also where I ran into Miss Jen Lloyd What a small world right? Great to see you, Jen.

Monday night included a long walk up a ridiculously high hill to get to this great Cathedral, and then a stroll through Chinatown to remind Ryan of his Mission Days. Of course we concluded the night with some yummy Korean Food and a delicious crepe from a crepery nearby. Let's just say we ate our way through this city!!

[Just look closely at how steep this hill is!!]


[Doors of the Cathedral]


[Chinatown]


[See no evil...]


[us]


[yummy korean food]

Tuesday morning we had to leave ... but not without having breakfast at Specialty Cafe -- a family favorite for breakfast and lunch and especially the cookies!!

Ryan, thank you baby for a fabulous weekend in one of my favorite cities!!

2 comments:

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

I love SF!!! Poor Matt has only been once, and he was like 12 and they only went to the pier. So sad. There are so many fun things to do there--and I'm impressed at how much you crammed into your trip! It looks like you two had a blast. I also never got around to going to the Golden Gate Park. It looks gorgeous! I feel like I might have to plan a little trip of our own...

PS-Can I have your body, please? And your wardrobe? You look great :-)

Emily & Kyle said...

What a fabulous winter getaway! SF is such a great place & looks like you had such a great time! Loved all the pics...

ps. Can I hire you to be my personal shopper??!!