Frank Lloyd Wright
I love open Saturdays when you can clean your house, go grocery shopping, work out and then still have time to explore. One fall Saturday afternoon we headed to Oak Brook, Il, a small suburb of Chicago to see Frank Lloyd Wright's work. This has been on our Chicago Bucket List for quite some time, but I hadn't really done much research to know what to expect. I found a website online that took us through a walking tour, so we figured we do that.
The neighborhood where Frank Lloyd Wright's home and studio is in Historic Oak Brook is just gorgeous. With the crisp, warm (55 degree) fall air, we were in heaven strolling along gawking at these architectural wonders. It didn't take long to realize we wanted to tour Frank's home and studio, which we did and loved.
 |
| Love these colors. |
It's amazing that we have access to the work that was so influential in American Architecture, right here in our backyard. See a few photos below-- and you better believe we will be checking out more of his work in Hyde Park, downtown, and wherever else we can find it!!
 |
| In Frank's front yard. Loving the Ginko Tree. |
 |
| Frank's Logo |
 |
| Studio. |
 |
| Frank's house. |
 |
| Ryan's favorite house. |
 |
| Ginko Tree turning yellow. |
 |
| A more traditional Frank house. |
 |
| We stopped here for ice cream. |
 |
| One of our favorite Frank Houses. The wood wrapped is so cool. |
 |
| Loving my Ginko Flower. |
 |
| I first fell in love with the Ginko Tree and these gorgeous yellow leaves. |
 |
| Famous church built by Frank Lloyd Wright. |
 |
| Just another gorgeous fall day. |
We'll be back to Oak Park!
2 comments:
Looks like you had a lot of fun on this adventure! I'm a fan of the studio myself. :)
Love your pictures and I'm jealous. I would love to visit the studio!
Post a Comment