Cinque Terre.
 |
| Sunset over Vernazza |
Oh, Cinque Terre. Where do I begin? It has been a dream of mine to go to Cinque Terre ever since I learned about it. Needless to say it was on my “must-do” list when Ryan and I decided to go to Italy. It is better than the pictures make it look.
We fell in love.
 |
| Vernazza. |
 |
| Overlooking Vernazza from the trail. |
 |
| Vernazza. Pretty much the whole town right here. |
 |
| Store Front |
The dramatic coastline, clear water, quaint villages, great hiking and amazing food are just part of the incredible experiences we had here. I told Ryan I couldn’t wait to bring our family back here one day for a true European vacation. It was just divine.
 |
| Monterosso |
 |
| From a Cemetary on a hill in Monterosso |
 |
| Sunset over Monterosso. |
 |
| After dinner, harborside in Vernazza. |
The weather was absolutely incredible. Actually warmer than I had anticipated (which turned out to be tricky once I realized I hadn’t packed ANY shorts—how did I do that?). We really enjoyed hiking from town to town and exploring each quaint town. The city we stayed in was just stunning. Vernazza is known as the “Gem of Cinque Terre” and we agreed. The hundreds of stairs were a challenge after a few long hikes but it was all part of the Cinque Terre experience!
 |
| Enjoying the "Beach" |
 |
| We went on a private boat ride along the coastline. We saw a cool cave and the nude beach. (yikes) |
 |
| View of Vernazza from the water. Isn't it beautiful? |
 |
Stairs.
One of the great things about Cinque Terre is how active people are and how much they enjoy nature here. Cinque Terre is a protected National Forrest, so the trails are well respected and there are so many hiking groups that take advantage of the gorgeous coastline hikes.
 |
| Ryan took this photo. I wonder why... |
|
 |
| On a hike. |
 |
| A cool bridge over a stream on our morning hike. |
 |
| I was a little surprised by all the cactus in Cinque Terre. |
 |
| The other town -- not as cute as Vernazza, right? |
 |
| Vernazza is for lovers. |
One of our favorite things in Vernazza was the terrace we had access to through our hotel. It overlooked the ocean on the side of the mountain and we were there as often as possible. In the afternoon and in the late evenings after dinner. Watching the moon over the water and listening to the waves crash was just unbelievable.
 |
| On our Favorite Terrace. |
Cinque Terre was so relaxing, so Italy, and definitely our favorite part of our trip.
A few more photos:
 |
| Did you know Pesto originated in Cinque Terre? Amazing. |
 |
| My AMAZING dessert. |
 |
| Ryan's favorite cannoli of the trip -- perhaps his lifetime! |
| |
| Cinque Terre: We will be back. |
2 comments:
Oh wow! You just added a new place to my travel list. It may actually be the new top choice. That looks absolutely heavenly! So glad you guys had a great trip and thanks for sharing the pictures!
WOW! Amazing trip. Seriously, you guys are so spontaneous. Take advantage while you can!
Post a Comment