The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Amsterdam: 
After a quick flight from Rome to Amsterdam we were excited for the last leg of our trip! It was a bit of culture and weather shock going from Italy to Amsterdam, but we adjusted.
 

Amsterdam is a beautiful city. We LOVE how bike-friendly it is (hello bike roads and stoplights) and the great energy there is there. The weather was the opposite of Italy, and I was so grateful that my husband made me pack my raincoat before we left the house -- I wore it every day I was there. 


Note our umbrella and how we are clinging to each other!



We spent our time touring the city, getting lost trying to find church on Sunday morning, and going through a few of the museums. We rented bikes and rode through the city & through a few parks. It was so fun (and admittedly more stressful than biking in Chicago).


Outside of church -- I had just changed into my comfy clothes after church ended.

Bike parking at the train station.

Ryan on the bike road.

On a quiet canal.
In an awesome park on our bike ride.

The flowers in Amsterdam were so beautiful. Gorgeous antique hydrangea everywhere and just beautiful flowers and green landscape. After visiting the Flower Market, I decided I HAVE to return to Amsterdam one day for the tulip festival. 



AMAZING.

Bulbs. Thousands of Bulbs. Maybe millions.

I'm pretty much in heaven at this point.

I loved visiting Anne Frank's House. It was a solemn and reverent experience, but also surprisingly uplifting given the context. It is truly a story of Hope. 

We loved the Canal tour -- and opportunity to admire the beautiful buildings and boat houses from the water. 

Note: The canal boat is enclosed-- nice and toasty inside!

Series of canals.

GORGEOUS!
I was sad to see Ryan go-- especially because it meant a I had to get back to work -- which would be a few very long days ahead of me.

1 comment:

Jen said...

These pictures are beautiful! It looks like you had such a great time. My sister's family just moved to the Amsterdam area. They are loving it--especially my nieces and nephew who can now bike to school. A drastic change from their time in Saudi Arabia. Hope you're doing well!