The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11
US Flag on the Wrigley Building in honor of 9/11.

We turned on the news this morning and watched a portion of the 9/11 Ceremony taking place at Ground Zero. It was humbling and sobering to watch -- and participate in the moments of silence for those who have fallen.


I, like many others, remember where I was when I first learned of the attack on 9/11/01. I also remember the way our country came together and prayed unto God like never before. It was an experience that unified our country and shaped many generations to come.

I loved reading President Thomas S. Monson's remarks on 9/11 in the Washington Post this week. An excerpt:
Our Father’s commitment to us, His children, is unwavering. Indeed He softens the winters of our lives, but He also brightens our summers. Whether it is the best of times or the worst, He is with us. He has promised us that this will never change...If there is a spiritual lesson to be learned from our experience of that fateful day, it may be that we owe to God the same faithfulness that He gives to us. We should strive for steadiness, and for a commitment to God that does not ebb and flow with the years or the crises of our lives. It should not require tragedy for us to remember Him, and we should not be compelled to humility before giving Him our faith and trust. We too should be with Him in every season.To read the full article, click here.

Another moving tribute to 9/11 is the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, along with Tom Brokaw, Music and the Spoken Word, which pays its own homage to the unforgettable events of September 11, 2001.

No comments: