The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Celebrating 2 years on Lake Michigan
(note: lots of photos-I crammed a potential 2-3 posts into one.)

As our 2-year anniversary approached, we wanted to find fun little ways to celebrate it here in Chicago, since our real celebration will begin in Italy next month!!

Ryan kicked things off with a gorgeous dozen roses Friday night before we went to Fondue at Gejas (which was so special, reminding us of our honeymoon-- we ate fondue at the top of a mountain in Tahiti overlooking the ocean). I have to say, the food was much better at Gejas, but the view left us wanting.


Saturday, we made a Cracker Barrell breakfast (the brunch we had the morning after our wedding day).

Then we headed over to Navy Pier to go on a Tall Sailboat! It was THE-MOST-PERFECT weather to be on a boat on lake Michigan. I loved it!




My favorite.










Of course we had to ride the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel while we were there on such a gorgeous day:






That night, we had the most romantic dinner on the patio at Prosecco. The food was delicious and got us excited for our upcoming Italy trip!
Outdoor eating at its best! Such an amazing night.

2 YEARS!!

We ended the night with carrott cake (the type of cake we had at our wedding) and a small gift for both of us to share -- sheets!! :)
This is the same milk glass cake platter from our wedding.

Happy 2 Years to my best friend and most admired husband. xoxo.

1 comment:

Mrs. Schmalison said...

I love that you guys have so many pictures together. Jesús and I have very few pictures together. I can't believe you guys are going to Italy, how fun!!!!! Happy Anniversary.