The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Phoenix in 24 Hours
My company had extra American Airlines flight vouchers that had to be used within the next 4 weeks so they gave them away to employees.

I was lucky enough to snag one and find a flight to Phoenix to attend a family friends' wedding. Lou Anderson has been my #1 supporter since I was 15 years old. He was my families home teacher and actually gave me my first car (a 1981 yellow volvo- classic); he cheered me on as I studied abroad in London and also attended my wedding in St. George (in addition to attending all of my siblings weddings to date). He is an incredible person and forever our Home Teacher. I feel so blessed to have been able to support him on his big day.

Outside the temple waiting for the happy couple.
 Other things I did while I was in Phoenix:
  • Lunch with Holly Hansen and Scott Selin -- two of my favorites from grad school. 
  • MIM- Holly works at this amazing new museum in Phoenix- the Musical Instruments Museum. If you live in the Phoenix area you MUST go! It's incredible. 
  • Isn't this the biggest instrument you have EVER seen?
  • Parents - my parents were also there for the wedding so I got to spend some extra time with them. 
Nanie and Popsie and Aunt Jewels.

    Cousins-in-law.
  • Merrills/Stapleys- Nanie and Popsie met me for lunch along with Uncle Brent, Aunt Julie, Megan, Brandon and Logan! We had a blast!!
  • Nodstrom Last Chance- It's always worth stopping into... you never know what you are going to find there!

I made it home in time to catch the awful BYU vs. Utah game with Ryan and teach my YW in church on Sunday. Quick trip but so worth it.

No comments: