Just in case you guys didn't know this stuff about me ... I thought I'd share.
1. Where are you from, and how long have you lived in Chicago? I am from Bakersfield, Ca (no, not Baker, that desert town in Death Valley with the large thermometer that you see on I-15 driving from CA to UT). I've also lived in Sacramento, Orange County, Utah and Minneapolis before moving to Chicago 1 year ago.
2. Who is your significant other, how did you meet, and what do you do for a living? Ryan Merrill. We met at BYU-- I first knew Ryans cousin and his roommate before I met Ryan. We went a few group dates (not as each others dates) before we found each other and started dating. The other twist to our story is that we were in a long-distance relationship for a year before we were engaged. My day job is that I am a professional networker--I manage a network of 50 Global Recruiting Execs for super big super global companies. I help them connect with each other to learn best practices and share knowledge on future trends, etc. I organize meetings so they can establish trust and relationships that leads to intimate conversations and dialogue. I work from home and travel occasionally.
| On our Honeymoon in Tahiti |
3. What do you like to do when you have free time? Running, biking, blogging, travel, exploring, shopping, chatting with family and friends, taking pictures, cooking, baking, eating, mountain biking, reality tv, mutual, reading the news, etc.
4. Where are your favorite places to eat and go to in Chicago? I love this city -- one of my favorite things to do is go to concerts in Millennium Park. We take a picnic and enjoy diverse music under the gorgeous Jay Pritzker Pavillion. We love to eat -- but I'm the type of person that always likes to try new things, we are always at a new place. Some favorites include: Spacca Napoli, Meli Cafe, anything in Greek Town, Cafe Babareeba, Xoco ...
5. Do you blog? If so, what is your blog, and what are some of your favorite blogs/sites? (You guys know this one)
| One of my favorite things- smelling peonies. On Mackinac Island |
6. What is your favorite book and movie? Favorite Book - depends on the mood I am in. I love Devil in the White City -- Chicago is such an interesting city with so many compelling stories on how it became what it is today. I also love The Guernsey Letters and Potato Peel Society. Movie: Do TV shows count? Friends.
7. What was the best thing you did this summer? I had such a great summer. It's hard to nail down the best thing -- my favorite thing was being in the LA temple doing sealings with my family who was all together for the 1st time in 3.5 years. Another favorite was exploring Mackinac Island and taking a step back in time.
8. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be and why? Jerusalem, I can't wait to visit there and walk in the same places our Savior walked. And Italy - because I am going there with my husband in October!
9. What do you think is your greatest accomplishment to date? (Ok, I personally don't like getting asked this question ... I always come up blank) but my answer is: I always try to share my testimony of the gospel with others-- striving to be a good example, and a good friend.
| On a run in Keystone, Colorado |
10. Who is something inspiring that you've recently read or heard in the scriptures, or a talk at church, from the ensign, etc? Let us have gratitude for our friends. Our most cherished friend is our partner in marriage. This old world would be so much better off today if kindness and deference were daily a reflection of our gratitude for wife, for husband. --President Monson.
No comments:
Post a Comment