The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Thursday, September 15, 2011

2 Years Later and I'm still trying to impress my husband. 

You would think that after 2 years the drive to impress your husband would die down. To some extent it has (there are many days my husband comes home to see me working in the office in my sweats...sorry babe). However, trying to keep up on a mountain biking course is a different story.

I've only gone mountain biking with Ryan once before, and I told you how that went HERE. However, this time, I had high hopes it would be different. I was confident coming off of my last experience that I could handle this. Under normal circumstances, I probably could have.


We should have heeded the warning signs of the ominous clouds in the distance. We didn't, and hoped that we could get through the course quickly.
One-way trail. This was of course the easy part.

Happy before the rain started.
Needless to say, we got caught in the storm and the slippery roots and rocks were not kind to me. I fell at least a 1/2 dozen times and at one point I yelled "Ryan, can you help me?" -- Ryan leisurely came to my aid, only to be surprised to find me tangled up in my bike, with my bike lying on top of me. Yes, I was stuck. I fought back tears that time as I picked myself up and kept going. We finally got out of the course and I had plenty of bruises to show for my effort. But I have to admit-- I came out feeling tough and proud of myself.
A little wet, and a little dirty.

This dirt is covering up my red leg full of bruises to come. Yes, 2 weeks later and they still hurt!
Ps. See those hard-core bikers in the background? Yeah, I'm not that hard-core.
 I will say, I would love for Ryan to have a real mountain biking partner. I have so much fun trying to keep up with him (when I'm not falling flat on my face) but I don't think his inexperienced wife is what he's looking for when he wants to hit the trails.

No comments: