The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Monday, April 02, 2012

Spring Break {South Beach}

We were a little nervous about staying in SoBe during Spring Break season --- as we drove up the main strip, my fears were beginning to be confirmed. It was crazy! But, the one place I wanted to go on this trip was South Beach -- I've heard so much about the Art Deco architecture and the vibe that I just had to check it out. Luckily Ryan was up for the adventure!

awesome.


After a quick nap (I am 20 weeks pregnant at this point) and a shower, we headed out at 9pm for our night on the town. We found an awesome pizza place and ate out on the pedestrian mall and people watched. The weather was perfect, there was plenty of 'entertainment' and amazingly the stores stay open until 11pm! We admired the amazing architecture of a few key buildings by night, had the best gelato I've had in the states, and continued our people watching.

Do you like our matchy match outfits? Not on purpose, but I kind of loved it.


Movie Theater in South Beach (SoBe)

Orchids!


This was one of my favorite evenings. Enjoying each others company, exploring a new place and embracing the unique and diverse culture. Of course my favorite part of the evening was finding these incredible orchids growing on the trees!! So cool. We ended the night with a romantic midnight stroll along the beach-- with a full moon overhead.

The next day we headed to the beach early to secure a good spot on the sand. Our hotel fees included beach chairs and umbrellas, which was so worth it with the sun blaring at 9am. We read our books, magazines, ate a pseudo breakfast (bananas and fiber one bars) and took a walk along the beach.

Baby bump- 21 weeks.

Love these lifeguard stands.



For lunch we found an awesome cuban restaurant (another must-do in Florida) and we walked along the main drag and admired the partying going on mid-day at the outdoor restaurants and bars. Again, I obsessed over the architecture, colorful buildings and diversity that surrounded us. I haven't experienced anything quite like South Beach, and I loved it. Would do it again in a heartbeat.


No comments: