Holidays & Travel
 |
27 Weeks. Taken on my 5-mile speed walk in White Plaines NY. I think the funky chin shadow is my hand? :)
|
I have officially hit my 3rd trimester and I can't believe it. With everything going on the next 6 weeks I know time is going to FLY by and we will have a baby here before we know it! I try to enjoy and treasure each moment, but some are easier to enjoy than others :) I feel truly blessed to feel healthy and strong 95% of the time, and only have short moments of discomfort. A few highlights from the past few weeks:
- Baby kicks a LOT. I love monitoring his movements and knowing when he will be 'up' each day. It's so fun to savor those sweet moments when it's me & him. I also love love when Ryan comes home and immediately grabs my belly to feel for baby. We spend lots of time holding hands feeling our sweet boy move around. Those tender moments are my *fave* and never get old.
- Glucose Test- definitely not my favorite thing. I am so glad my Doctor encouraged me to get to the lab as soon as they opened -- 3 hours later I was eating and drinking as much as I could! Luckily I passed!
- Easter Sunday - Preparing a meal is one of my favorite things but I sometimes forget how exhausting it can be! I also 'forget' about my belly in the kitchen and end up with food and or water all over the front of me! Oops :) I wore an apron all day that day, but maybe I should just always wear an apron.
- Speaking of Easter, it only encouraged my sweet tooth! I ate a lot of jelly beans and Cadbury mini eggs -- I'm glad they are gone so I can stop eating so much sugar!
- I have this new pain/aching in the middle of my back. It's on the right side only and I think it only happens when I sit for too long. When I'm working I have to remind myself to get up and take breaks to walk around and stretch. Its a weird spot that I can't really stretch out :(
- Baby went on his 4th flight of this pregnancy! (1. Utah; 2. Charlottesville, VA; 3. Miami; 4. NY-- with a few more to go). We went to NY for work/play. It was awesome! (a post on its own to follow). Well, my flight back was not awesome. We sat on the tarmac in "traffic" for over an hour. I was incredibly uncomfortable-- to the point where the flight attendant thought I was in labor! Nope, just that back pain and leg swelling from sitting for too long!
- Did you notice "we" in my last bullet point? I feel like I get to 'hang out' with baby all day long. Everything in my head has become "we". I kind of love it. I'm definitely bonding with my sweet baby already.
- I'm still feeling really good and working out 4-5x a week. I really enjoy it and love that I have been able to make this part of my pregnancy. Sometimes I can wear myself out -- I went on a 5 mile walk/run through a new trail I found up north and was wiped out the rest of the day. Oops. At least it is good exhaustion and it helps me sleep better!
- Exercising is great, but I have to admit it has not helped with managing pregnancy weight gain. I eat pretty healthy and exercise and I am trying to embrace this weight gain thing-- I know it's 'good' for the baby but I worry about excessive weight gain. I'm just feeling bigger and bigger.
- I got my first 'negative' comment from a stranger. He asked -- wow, how far along are you? What do you have, 2 in there?! Hello, random strangers, please do not comment on how big I look!!
- Baths. I love baths. Lavender Epson Salt is my newest purchase to relax and soothe me. I'm kind of obsessed with our bath tub -- it fits me perfectly and I wonder if that will be a 'must have' for our next home? I am in the tub at least 2x/week.
- I am nesting!! A few women in my ward helped Ryan and I paint a few walls in our condo and I am going shopping soon to get a few things for our place before we start baby nesting. I am still shopping for cribs, strollers, carriers, and everything else I am supposed to be shopping for. No decisions just yet. Keep the suggestions/advice coming my way! I need lots of it :)
- I found an article about cute ways to make a closet a 'nursery'. While our baby won't be in a closet, the little nook we have planned for him is essentially a closet, so I am thinking of ways to make it fun & his little space.
- And speaking of decisions -- no progress for names. We will take suggestions!
A few more photos:
 |
| Easter Sunday - Week 25 |
 |
| Date Night. 26 Weeks. |
 |
| Church 26 Weeks. |
2 comments:
you are just so dang cute pregnant! I am so excited for you!! i love your posts!
You're one of the most stylish pregnant women I've seen!
Post a Comment