Pregnancy Diary: {24 Weeks}
 |
| Week 24 |
 |
| Getting my fitness on. Week 24 + 4 days |
It's hard to believe I am 24 weeks/6 months! I can finally say this pregnancy feels like it's flying by! :) And I'm still in 2nd trimester bliss and loving it. With the next few months being busy with work travel and family-time I know the next few months are going to be gone before I know it! Spring/summer gets to be so busy which is fun and stressful all at the same time. A few highlights the last 4 weeks:
- If I wasn't showing much before- I am showing now! I feel like I am growing by the minute :) When I asked my Dr about weight gain she said "you're on track-- you're doing fine!" I sure hope so because I feel like I am just growing growing growing.
- Which leads me to -- shopping! I've been maternity clothes shopping -- Old Navy, Gap, Target and H&M are my new best friends. Any other stores my fellow mama's shop at?
- On that note, in spite of my belly I get hit on by random men walking the streets of Chicago! Never before have I gotten so many compliments; I guess I have the 'glow'.
- I still enjoy working out consistently. Loving this warmer weather so I can play tennis, jog on nature trails and of course keep up my pilates/yoga routine. I like to think baby enjoys all the activity. I feel lucky it feels comfortable and normal to be doing everything I'm doing. I feel really great after I work out.
- When do I get really tired or sore I love to take a warm bubble bath with a Eucalyptus-Mint scent. Yum. So relaxing.
- Ryan has been super supportive and sweet to step in and help cook and also help with the dishes! It's not his favorite chore but he just jumps in and gets it done.
- Food: Obsessed with strawberries and pineapple! I keep buying them by the cases and they are gone in a matter of days. Loving Scooters frozen custard and Pinkberry as an evening treat! Making homemade guacamole every day for a week. Other than that, my eating habits are 'normal' -- which is awesome. Bring on the cuban food, korean food, italian, thai, etc etc.
- Baby saw his first movie!! THE HUNGER GAMES-- at midnight! I took a few 13-15 year olds to see it and we had such a blast. Luckily my pregnancy sweet tooth came in big time for us with Red Vines, Sour Patch Kids, Skittles, etc. I also snuck in Orville Redenbacher Popcorn (way better than movie theater stuff) and I had a coke to keep me up -- I could feel baby moving all over like crazy and I"m not sure it was the late night hour or the soda-- so I've sworn off caffeine!! (it was only my 3rd soda of the pregnancy anyway so its not like I was drinking a lot of it to begin with).
- Had my first 'scare' with baby. We were off to go tulip peeping and I fell off my bike! Luckily my shoulder took most of the fall and sweet lil baby is just fine! A trip to the chiropractor helped with my pain/soreness. It definitely scared me though and I don't plan to get back on my bike ...
- Sleeping can still be tricky. No more dry mouth (thank goodness) but restless legs, etc. Luckily a friend let me borrow a body pillow which helps me get through the nights!
- I get to feel baby move all the time now. I can tell he is growing bigger and stronger. He likes to kick kick kick, and my favorite moments are when Ryan feels him kick with me! We'll sit with Ryan's hand on my belly in the evenings after dinner and feel him move all night long :)
- No names picked out yet -- we are still struggling with this, so for now we call him 'baby', JR, or sometimes RJ (Ryan Jr.).
- We have started thinking about what types of things we want for JR-- there are so many options for each necessary item! Strollers, Cribs, Carseats, carriers, etc etc etc. Any advice? It's definitely overwhelming.
- I'm in big time nesting mode getting our condo ready for baby to arrive in a few months! Perhaps I'll share some before and after pictures :) Looking to increase our storage space for everything baby needs and to finish off a few projects I've been dying to do forever. Looking forward to expanding our family in our Chicago 'home'.
xo,
Future Mama
7 comments:
Wat to go with working out still! I've heard it helps and I wish I would have stuck with it through pregnancy. As far as advice on baby stuff, it is SO overwhelming figuring out what you want/need. I'd say to check Costco for a lot of things. We got our stroller, car seat, jogging stroller, pack n play, etc. from there and they always have quality for a good price. Other things I love: Ergo baby carrier (these are the best kind- make sure to get the infant insert if you get this), movement and sound baby monitor (AngelCare brand... wish I would have just sucked it up and got the one with the video monitor as well because Lucy always manages to pull covers over her head and then I would be able to see when I need to go remove them or if she's fine and can just let her cry a little longer. It's $300 though), and a good swaddle blanket (I've tried a ton and our favorite is the summer infant swaddleme). Oh, and a white noise machine saved our lives the first couple of months because it, along with being swaddled and given a pacifier, would put her to sleep much faster than without it. Those are just a few things that come to my mind. :)
the one thing i will say to you is BOB. You like to run/jog and that will be the one baby item you will definitely get your money's worth from. It is by far the best thing I bought, especially when we go out running, which i'm hoping is more often this spring/summer now that the snow is melting.
Also, baby crib bedding set is the biggest waste of money! As far as practicality goes, I mean, yes we bought Porter one, but he never used the quilt that goes with it, and thats the most expensive part. Unless you have a cute themed idea or see one you can't live without, the baby never uses it.
I can't believe you fell off your bike!! I am so glad your ok and so is the little man. My gosh how scary.
I agree with Brittney, the white noise machine is brilliant, especially when it comes to traveling with him. Its so small and portable and like 10$ at target or walmart. hmm.... I can't think of anything else. You look stunning! No wonder your getting compliments.... that, and people just think pregnant ladies are all warm and fuzzy inside and want to chat about being pregnant CONSTANTLY. It has its perks ;)
You. are. so. gorgeous.
I agree with Kelsie about the bedding. Don't go fancy because it will end up getting stained with puke or poop. Not joking. We were dirt poor when our kids were born so I don't know the super nice stuff but Graco products worked just fine for us and I ended up giving them to friends afterwards and I was glad I hadn't spent buttloads of money on them. And you do look fantastic. Can I look like you and not be pregnant? Geez!!!
You look Gorgeous!!! So Happy to see that your 2nd trimester is going wonderfully ...and that all the nasty weird things that happen during your first trimester is over!!!!
As far as Baby stuff....
BOB. is perfect for you ...its the best out there for jogging , being outdoors etc....
You don't need a Pack n play ... seriously a waste !! I only used mine with Jayden . So he could sleep next to us in our room . Well the thing about that is when there in your room they end up in your bed ...lol With Tage he was in his crib from day one . And he loves his sleep ... So I would say keep them in their crib from day one in their own room . Get a baby monitor with a video.Only because it keeps you calm cause you can see with out having to go in every so often to see what the matter.
You don't need a million blankets . Just the good breathable ,soft kind . I like the ones from Target .
The aden+anais ...
this also goes to with burp cloths ...just buy a couple like a weeks worth . If Jr. spits up a lot you will need them . and then at that point you can go buy more ...iTS KINDA MY ADVICE as far as Huggies vs. Pampers , burp clothes, blankets, clothes , bottles, binkys.. Your baby will tell you what he needs as you go cause every baby is different and you can't know what fits best on these things tell he is here.
Bedding is a waste ... I went big for Jayden ... and well I regret it ... I would look at all the designer beddings .... and only buy the sheet and the crib skirt . not the bumper the matching quilt . Cause you don't need it . Don't make the expensive bedding your theme for the whole room .
thats all ive got for now ...lol
You look Gorgeous!!! So Happy to see that your 2nd trimester is going wonderfully ...and that all the nasty weird things that happen during your first trimester is over!!!!
As far as Baby stuff....
BOB. is perfect for you ...its the best out there for jogging , being outdoors etc....
You don't need a Pack n play ... seriously a waste !! I only used mine with Jayden . So he could sleep next to us in our room . Well the thing about that is when there in your room they end up in your bed ...lol With Tage he was in his crib from day one . And he loves his sleep ... So I would say keep them in their crib from day one in their own room . Get a baby monitor with a video.Only because it keeps you calm cause you can see with out having to go in every so often to see what the matter.
You don't need a million blankets . Just the good breathable ,soft kind . I like the ones from Target .
The aden+anais ...
this also goes to with burp cloths ...just buy a couple like a weeks worth . If Jr. spits up a lot you will need them . and then at that point you can go buy more ...iTS KINDA MY ADVICE as far as Huggies vs. Pampers , burp clothes, blankets, clothes , bottles, binkys.. Your baby will tell you what he needs as you go cause every baby is different and you can't know what fits best on these things tell he is here.
Bedding is a waste ... I went big for Jayden ... and well I regret it ... I would look at all the designer beddings .... and only buy the sheet and the crib skirt . not the bumper the matching quilt . Cause you don't need it . Don't make the expensive bedding your theme for the whole room .
thats all ive got for now ...lol
I can't believe you fell off your bike--that is really scary! I'm glad you're okay.
Post a Comment