The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Monday, April 23, 2012

Easter and Spring!


I love that spring is upon us and we have had beautiful weather to enjoy it! We've tried to get out and take advantage of this unusually warm weather so here are a few photos:

Seriously, could Chicago be any more beautiful? I LOVE this city!

I think these tulips win the prize for my favorite this spring.

I'm kind of in heaven at this point. General Conference Sunday.

I got Ryan to jump into the Tulip field with me!

April 1st, a gorgeous Saturday morning. Water Tower and Tulips.


On Michigan Ave enjoying the hundreds of thousands of tulips!
Easter Sunday was a beautiful morning. We woke up, opened our 'baskets', enjoyed a yummy Magelby's French Toast breakfast before heading off to church. Church was wonderful-- we had beautiful talks and I taught a lesson on our Savior Jesus Christ to the Young Women, which included the new Easter Video the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints put out that weekend. It was spiritually uplifting and lovely. Sunday afternoon Ryan joined me in the kitchen and we prepared a meal for a few of our friends including Ham, scalloped potatoes, chive biscuits, corn salad (thanks Linds!) and carrott cake for dessert. It was delicious. And exhausting! Baby boy makes me a little more tired than normal when I want to do the things I like to do :)

My Easter flowers - Ranunculus, so gorgeous!

This is making me want french toast right now ...

Easter. These tulips are amazing, too.

Happy Easter! Love, The Merrills. Ps. thanks Eliza for my pretty dress!!

Easter Dinner at our place. Yes, every one got their own 'Easter Basket' - it was awesome!

Our balcony is a little windy :)

I was so excited about this carrot cake I forgot to take a picture until we had already cut into it. It was so amazing I was sad when we ate the last piece! I think I need to make another.
My heart is sad that the tulips are leaving .... we got to enjoy them for a whole month, which is longer than normal. Now I am excited for summer!!

No comments: