For the iPad2.
Rewind 3.5 months. I'm at our Company Holiday Retreat in Snowbird. I get handed my Christmas gift, which was in the form of an envelope. Imagine my surprise (and excitement) when I open up a note that says, Merry Christmas! You will get an iPad! Wahoo!! We decided as a company to wait until the new iPad2 was announced so my waiting began...
I watched the news feed when they announced the new iPad2. Have I ever cared before? No. I was online on March 11, the first day available to order it, and I got stuck trying to decide what to engrave on the back...I went back to work and two weeks later I forgot to order it.
All of a sudden it was a 5-week wait to order it online. Ugh. I do not have the kind of patience.
A week goes by, and I still haven't ordered it. I don't want to wait 5 weeks. I finally decide I will go wait in line at the Apple Store in Lincoln Park. With all the crazies who actually go wait in line before the store opens.
Monday:
I was not going to go at 3am like the Apple people said people were doing. Instead, I went Monday morning at 7:45. At 8:15, Apple employees came out and informed us they received 0 iPads in their shipment today. Bummer.
Tuesday:
Since Monday only had 12 people in line in front of me, I figured I could show up at 8:15 and still be OK. Nope. I was wrong. There were at least 50-75 people in front of me. Yikes. I was just 3 people away from getting a ticket.
![]() |
| This picture isn't the best, but there are tons of people in line. |
Thursday:
I show up at 7:15, with a book in hand. Finally I am prepared. By 8:15, we are inside of the store. Only 20 people in front of me. I got my choice of iPad. It felt so good to have a ticket in my hand. Finally!
I chose a pink cover, white iPad with 3G. Super excited about it. And still can't believe I went 3 different days before the store opened to go and get one. I never thought I would be that girl. Well, today I was and I got what I wanted.
![]() |
| I love it! |




1 comment:
oooooooooh I want the pink one too!
Post a Comment