Sometimes we get a little Fussy.
Spring please hurry up and get here.
It's March 28th and it's still 30 degrees, feels like 20 outside. I'll try to be positive and name off a few good things about the weather today:
1. It's SUNNY. Like, super sunny. I mean HOT in my office right now with the curtains closed because the SUN is beating down on me and it feels so good. It's makes me think that maybe, just maybe, it's the same 70 degrees outside as it is inside of my office.
2. The cold air wakes you up. I went outside this morning bundled up in my down coat and 180's (ear warmers) and it was a tiny bit refreshing, but only for 2.5 seconds and then the wind hit my back and i was freezing and realized, why is it so cold?
3. Snow Free. So, at least there isn't any snow outside. That's a plus.
4. I have a warm place to live with lots of blankets to keep me toasty. Wow, that should be higher on the list.
Ok, that's it.
SO here are the negatives:
1. It's freezing outside.
2. EVERYONE is cranky because of it. Although I did meet this sweet hispanic woman from the Chicago 3rd ward the other night who brightly said "I love the cold, and I'm from Guatamala!" -- I wish I had her spirit.
3. Wind. The wind totally makes it worse. As if it isn't bad enough that it's 30 degrees outside, it has to feel like 20 degrees with the wind chill.
4. I still need to wear gloves and ear warmers AND my down coat to keep me warm. Who wants to still be bundled up like this on March 28? Not me. Can I pack up my crazy winter wardrobe yet?
5. There is no sign of re-birth yet. No wonder Easter isn't until April 24th this year-- we need a whole extra Month to see the trees start budding again and flowers to peak out from the ground. It's totally depressing to still see the bare branches on the trees.
6. Remember last year at this time how I was blogging about our new BBQ, the sunny 50 degree St Patricks day we had, and how i was running on the trails every day with Katie Robinson? Yeah, that makes this Chicago cold even worse because I remember what an awesome LONG spring we had last year.
I could probably go on and on but I'll stop there. If anyone has any positive energy they want to send my way or remedies, please do. Let's just say I'm excited to travel to Texas next week to see the Sun accompanied with some warm temperatures. Wish my hubbie could come with me.
1 comment:
Brrrr.... and brrrrr... hopefully you'll come out of the deep freeze soon! And can you (or anyone) explain why Easter moves every year? I used to think it was the first or second weekend of April, but I swear it's been in late March before and now late April. (Imagine puzzled look on my face.)
Post a Comment