The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Thursday, June 24, 2010

Proud.

I made this cake for a birthday party we had a few weeks ago. It was so beautiful and delicious I am too proud of myself to not post it on my blog!! Its nothing compared to the amazing cakes my sister can make -- but I think its a good start toward my future in cake-making. And I can definitely say it was delicious.



Oh, and for those of you who can't tell-- it's Oatmeal Cake.

I considered posting the recipe, but didn't want to type it out. So here is the original recipe from my mother's cook book. This is a Hunt Family Favorite!! (click on photo to see bigger).


*Disclaimer: I doubled the recipe for both the cake & the topping to make the 4-tier cake.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

So, I think you should post the recipe! That looks so good!

eliza said...

I can vouch for it. I am really not a huge cake fan but if she had left me alone with it in the kitchen I would have eaten the whole thing and licked the plate. It was that good. Simply a-maz-ing.