I always knew my husband was a mountain biking lover. I always thought I was hard core enough to handle a trail or two with him. I may have been wrong.
We went to Lebanon Hills in Eagan, MN. A favorite trail of his out here.
Stats: AKA what I should have read prior to going...
Difficulty: Intermediate*
Length: 8 miles
Tread: Singletrack
Avg. Speed: 9.11 mph
Avg. Time: 1hr 2min
From the website: "This singletrack is really fun. It's fast, it's smooth, and it's winding. There's a good mix of everything... trees, rocks, roots."
*Ryan definitely told me it was a Beginners trail.
This is me 1/4 the way through the trail.
Caption: "You didn't tell me about all the boulders and trees in the middle of the trail!"
This is Ryan 1/4 way through the trail.
Caption: "Gavin, please move back to Minnesota so I can have a decent Mtn Biking buddy to ride with".
Luckily after a few Mtn Biking tips I was able to handle myself a little better- and those rocks and trees didn't scare me (as much) anymore! At one point Ryan had stopped ahead of me to tell me I could walk my bike down the boulders in the trail, but I just went for it. I had to yell at him to get out of the way or I would be running him over!
Another favorite moment was when I realized I had to go over this tree stump -- with a 2 foot drop off. I screamed as I flew over the tree stump- and Ryan thought I had crashed (I thought I was going to) but I hung on and was flying down the trail. I have to admit, it was pretty fun.
The trail was beautiful, and I even caught a picture of this sweet dragonfly.
I was relieved when it was all over but kind of excited for our next Mountain Biking adventure- that is, if Ryan will ever choose to take me mountain biking again! Poor guy, we really did go slow. Thanks, babe for taking me on a great adventure!!
1 comment:
love it! I miss the greenery!
Post a Comment