I went for a quick run a few weeks ago and discovered that my neighbor had these GORGEOUS (and HUGE-- 2 fists-size) blooming peonie bushes. So gorgeous, in fact, that I went back to smell and lust after them. Peonies are my absolute favorite flower -- and these were so gorgeous and fragrant that I just had to have more of them.
I would frequently walk by her house to smell the flowers, and try to catch a glimpse of the owner. Why? You might ask? So I could naturally compliment her on her amazing flowers, ask her what kind of peony bushes they were, and possibly, ask for a few flowers to take home. They need to be harvested, right? And with hundreds of flowers in bloom, I was sure she was grant my request.
Sadly, I never saw the owner (and yes, I was even so bold as to knock on her door), and when I returned from CA, all the peonies were gone. I was a little heartbroken when I saw that.
This has created a new determination to have my own gorgeous peony bushes bloom while I live in the midwest. I understand this is the perfect climate for their full bloom.
See how gorgeous?
See how MANY?
2 comments:
beautiful!!! love peonies, love the midwest, love you.
you and your flowers! you crack me up!
Post a Comment