We've been wanting to get out and explore the mid-west a little more, and this past weekend we did just that. We took our first ROAD TRIP as a married couple and went to Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. It was a beautiful drive out, and just 100 miles away and we were in this quaint little mid-western town. We stayed Pleasant View B&B, which is right on Lake Wissota-- with gorgeous gorgeous views! Although the weather was being a little tricky (it snowed during dinner) we still managed to have a fabulous time!!
Our hosts at the B&B were so welcoming and hospitable. I definitely recommend Pleasant View! The rooms were awesome and the breakfast was also amazing.

After breakfast we decided to go exploring at Lake Wissota State Park. We found a cool little trail and I got out on my bike to get going when all of a sudden I felt water hitting my face.
Me: Ry-- is the lake spitting on me right now? Or is it raining?
Ryan: It's definitely raining.
Me: Why is it raining so hard?
Ryan: Because that's hail!
(after a few photos of the hail) We jumped inside the XTerra to wait out the storm. My excitment for our bike ride was deflated, but luckily Ryan was determined to go so we hopped on our bikes and even saw some sun!!
The trail was beautiful as it followed along the lake, and we seriously had the whole park to ourselves!! I love mountain biking!
After our little adventure we went to historic Chippewa Falls and found Irvine Park, which has a FREE zoo!! We saw Black Bears, Tigers & even Cougars (mom's favorite). Ryan's cougar sound effects made for a great time at the zoo! The Park also is home to Glen Loch Dam, which was pretty sweet.
And here's my cute husband :)
We worked up an appetite exploring and had lunch at Lucy's Deli. We capped our trip with Olsen's Homaid Ice Cream -- so delicious. What a fantastic trip!!
I highly recommend Chippewa Falls to any of my local friends.
4 comments:
Oh that looks like fun! That stinks about the hail, but on the bright side you're hat is amazing! I LOVE it :) Glad to see you guys are enjoying it out there.
Looks like it was an adventure! Glad youguys had fun :0)
Woot woot! Thanks for the shout out!
Can I put a link to this on our FB page?
Thanks again!
Missy
of course you can Missy! Thanks again for a great time!
Post a Comment