The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Home Sweet Home

When we got back from Chippewa Falls, the weather had turned gorgeous here in Hopkins and we decided to do a little yard work. I was so grateful for the rain we got because it turned our grass SO GREEN.



And in case you forgot what our house looked like 3 weeks ago -- here's a picture:


I still can't believe how fast our trees grew leaves.

Unfortunately, I also can't believe how fast weeds grow! We didn't get a chance to put down weed killer in our yard, so we had to go through and kill these weeds one by one. Ugh. Seriously weeds are terrible! At least we were able to kill them though! I am quite proud of our yard right now.



I have also been amazed to see everything GROWING! Look at our tree in the backyard! Here's a before shot from April 16th.



Now look at all these leaves!! This is why it took us a million hours to rake our leaves last fall.



Also, do you remember this picture from a previous post?




I was surprised to see what bloomed on that little bush/tree. Look how beautiful these Lilacs are!! I love the vibrant purple color.




We also spent an FHE putting these flowers in our flower boxes. I really thing they make our house look so cute with the fun flowers. I also bought Flower pots for our deck (shown in picture above with the big tree) See? I LOVE flowers!!!



2 comments:

Tenille Gates said...

i love lilacs..we have them too. They smell SO good! Your yard looks fab. Good job!

Lexy and Jared said...

You are too fabulous. I love flowers sooo much, but I just cannot stomach the thought of yard work alone (because unlike your wonderful husband, when I suggest yard work on a Saturday/for FHE, Jared pulls faces like I just asked him to go get a colonoscopy). So jealous of your cute house and beautiful yard!