Friday July 18
Breakfast at KramerBooks: So one of my favorite people from Provo was in town, a Miss Christy Hellewell and so we met for Breakfast (a trend of ours) at a classic DC hotspot. The food was delicious and the company was even better!!

After that, I ventured over to check out the Phillips Collection. It is the first American Modern Art Museum that was started by a man named Phillips. The collection resides in his original home, which is beautiful, and includes some of my favorite impressionist artists pieces including Degas, Cezanne, Manet, Van Gogh, and many many more. Walking out of the Phillips I noticed the Society of the Cincinnati mansion. Mom and I had walked through there a year ago, so to relive old memories I ventured inside. I learned that Cincinnati (the city in Ohio also known as McNasti) was named after this Society! I learn new stuff everyday apparently...


Venturing out, once again, I decided to walk up Connecticut Ave and walk through the shops. This is probably one of my favorite past times. I didn't really buy much (although I did get some great tea at a little shop) but it was so refreshing to discover new stores and try stuff on just for the sake of it :) I also tried a DC Classic Ice Cream Place: Larry's Homemade Ice Cream. Pretty sure I dreamed about my Pomegranate Chocolate Chip Ice Cream last night! It was sooooo good.

A little more shopping and then a phone call from William Russell Tanner got me out of the stores and down to the Mall. Where we hit up the American Indian Smithsonian. It was so hot that day and apparently Russ and Smitty were living in close quarters because Smitty got Russ sick so Russ had to have a slurpie. So one Jolly Rancher Watermelon flavored slurpie later and we found ourselves at this great little dive Tai place for dinner. Everyone (ok so maybe just Smitty) had order envy ...my food was spicy and delectable!

I went home after that and fully intended on starting my blogging efforts when I got a call from Miss Becca Haynie to get Ice Cream in Georgetown and watch Step Up 2: The Streets. Well, needless to say, T Sweets was AMAZING as was Step Up 2. Great way to end a great day.
1 comment:
Your blog is rockin'! And the design is excellent; kudos to your friend that did it.
Sad that I didn't get invited to the Step Up 2 festivities... maybe next time.
Post a Comment