The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Tuesday, July 29, 2008

One of my Favorite Summer-time Activities

I'm not sure what it is, exactly, that has such appeal about watching a movie outside on a big screen. Is it the paranoia that my face is getting attacked by mosquitos? Or perhaps its the awkward uncomfortable position that comes from looking up while sitting on a blanket on the grass ... whatever it may be, I absolutely LOVE summer movies on the beach, in the park, or on the Mall, as the DCer's do it.

Last night a big group of us gathered on the Mall to watch Arsenic and the Old Lace (a Cary Grant Classic-- weird but totally fun) with about 800 other DC locals. The weather was perfect, I made some new friends, had an incredible salad from Chop't, and couldn't have asked for a better Monday night activity.

I am truly going to miss DC. Sigh.

4 comments:

Bill said...

what?!

i was there too. we should have met up.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

I love your new blog! So you. It looks like you're having tons of fun back east... when do you come home?

Ryan and Kiley said...

billy: we totally should have met up. maybe you should have called me. Maybe we should go see DJ Biscuit one more time before leaving DC.

Ryan and Kiley said...

Ash: Thanks! I'm in love with it too :) I am LOVING the East coast but am excited to be back in Utah. Lets plan a lunch date, yes? I will be back Labor Day weekend...just in time for school!