My amazing sisters and mother planned a surprise baby shower for me while we were in DC-- and I was surprised! I don't know how they kept it a secret -- I talk to my mom and sisters almost every day and I was there at my mom's house a full 24 hours before the shower took place. My mom did a good job at dodging my questions, and I wasn't suspecting anything so I fully believed her.
On Saturday morning somehow my mom and sisters were all sick while we were going to go out to the farmers market. I didn't think much of it, and headed out with my Dad, Ryan, Matthew and a few of the kids. When we got back -- I walked in the house and was really confused -- I even asked, "what's going on?!"
They had invited a few of my favorite people who live in DC to join in our fun, and it was the perfect small intimate baby shower. Tarin planned a beautiful shower and spent many hours cooking, baking and prepping with the help of my mom and Ashley.
I feel so blessed to have such sweet family and friends who want to show their love and support to me and our new baby!! I loved spending the afternoon visiting, planning, and talking all things baby with them. It was also fun to have Ryan and my dad and brother around to enjoy it as well!
Thanks again to Tarin, Ashley and my mom for an amazing shower!!
| Mom and Dad to be! |
| The spread |
| These are my favorite!! |
| The strawberry shortcake was also amazing! |
| Yummy lemonade and Pellegrino. |
| Charlotte loved helping me open gifts! |
| Baby's outfit for the Notre Dame Game! |
| Great to see you, Jen! |
| My Favorite Ladies and Mama's. |
| How big will Baby Merrill be? Clearly my family is known for big babies!! :) |

3 comments:
OMG, this totally makes sense why tarin has been pinning so many shower ideas on pinterest :) I didn't think anything of it either :) How awesome!!!
So nice of them. Hey- we're going to the Notre Dame game too! Lucy got her first BYU outfit for it as well. :)
Oh my heavens! Why would Ashley wish a 10 lbs baby upon you??? :)
Post a Comment