The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous
Pregnancy Diary: {30 Weeks!!}
Excuse me, Miss--
 |
| Week 30/Mothers Day! |
The countdown is on!
- I felt the shift to 3rd trimester almost immediately -- the exhaustion came back and I realized we just have a few (10) weeks left. Yikes!
- We got to do a 3D ultra sound at week 28 -- as always, I love to do
ultra sounds and see our little peanut moving around! He was shy for the
camera, but luckily we got at least one cute face shot! Who does he
look like? Ryan is convinced he has all of his features -- of course.
- I noticed sometimes I grunt when I try to put on socks or shoes -- boots are especially difficult! A sign that my belly is as big as ever!! I now have a new way to put on socks and shoes that is slightly more comfortable...
- Baby is moving more than ever. It's still my favorite part to feel him in me. I wish I had a little camera that could see what he was doing -- sometimes it feels like he is turning somersaults over and over inside me! Other times I know he is kicking my ribs :)
- As my body was recovering from travel and our fun NYC weekend I took a lot of baths with epson salt to help relax my muscles. I'm really obsessed with my bath tub! Candles help set a relaxing mood as well.
- The pregnancy hormones combined with birthing anxiety kicked in -- we've been having lots of talks about our 'birth plan' and how we are going to prepare for this huge event. I have never felt so unprepared! I think that's normal, but is still a little alarming! (Note: any advice is appreciated fellow mama's!)
- I had another work trip at week 29 of my pregnancy. It was in DC, which was supposed to be a quick 1 hour flight -- too bad the weather had other plans in mind for us; it turned into a total of 20 hours travel time start to finish and I was one sore pregnant lady at the end of it! Luckily, seeing my family helped ease the pain of a long travel experience.
- I decided to switch doctor's -- after 30 weeks I realized I don't like how they run their practice and I leave frustrated after almost each appointment. I didn't want to feel that way going into these last few weeks, so I luckily got into a highly recommended doctor to finish out this pregnancy with! I am looking forward to meeting her next week.
- I have started to get more uncomfortable with this large belly and extra lbs on my body. I don't enjoy driving anymore, because sitting for too long makes me uncomfortable (I normally love driving!) and movies seem extra long because I can get uncomfortable in my seat. Church is a whole other story -- with our 1900's auditorium with no A/C and wooden fold out chairs, Sacrament meeting can feel incredibly long sometimes!
- I was sitting next to one of my young women, 16, at church, when she looked at me and said "How do you shave your legs pregnant?!" It was funny to see/hear her confusion written all over her face! I told her luckily my shower/bath tub has a ledge I can prop my leg on ... I hope I can keep shaving through summer :)
- A funny moment from the last week- I was out for a walk (in my workout clothes) when I heard "Excuse me, Miss" -- I look over to see a car full of guys with their windows rolled down and they said "You are the most beautiful pregnant lady I've ever seen" -- haha um, thanks?! Awkward-- what do you say to that? Men in Chicago say what's on their mind!
A few more photos:
 |
| Week 28 |
|
|
 |
| Week 29 |
No comments:
Post a Comment