The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring Break {Part 1: Coral Gables}

When you live in a cold climate, a winter/spring get-a-way is the perfect way to avoid winter blues. Not only is it fun to plan a long weekend away, I also think its necessary for a healthy marriage to plan for some alone time and soak up some much-needed sun & fun together. This year, we wanted to do something quick and easy so we headed Florida. While I've been to FL a few times, I've never spent much time in Miami, or been to the Keys or the Everglades. Our itinerary was jam-packed and we had a blast exploring the Southern Florida Coast!

In an effort to not have one overwhelming post-- I'll try to capture our fun in a few succinct posts. Here is a quick overview of our trip (found as a place mat at a yummy cuban restaurant).

We started in Miami, drove through the keys to Bahia Honda, back up the keys to South Beach (Miami). Then drove through the Everglades over to the West Coast to spend a few days in Naples!


We flew out Thursday night,  and stayed in a super nice hotel in Coral Gables (which felt so good after a delayed flight). Friday morning we wanted to start our vacay right with a little R&R by the pool-- the rooftop views were an added bonus.


 After our morning news and sun tanning we had a big breakfast and found ourselves exploring-- a state park was across the street and little did we know it was the land of one of Florida's first settlers. The views of the bay were gorgeous and the tropical walk through the property was an added bonus!
I love these cool trees!

Next stop -- The Florida Keys!!

No comments: