The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Monday, March 26, 2012

Pregnancy Diary {20 Weeks}

With so many friends and family living far away, I thought it would be fun to share a few highlights of my pregnancy so far. I'll start a few weeks back -- when I finally had a belly to share.
Before Church 3/4/2012 - 20 Weeks, 1 Day
  • Our 20 week highlight was the ultra sound, where we learned little peanut is a boy!! We were surprised and are so excited to learn more about this little bundle of joy coming our way. 
  • That evening, we hopped on a plane for a weekend get-a-way to Florida (more posts on that soon). It was such a treat to enjoy time together, nice hotels, the beach, yummy food and family!
  • I haven't had any crazy cravings yet, but I do love/want fruit at all times (apples, kiwi, cuties, pineapple, etc). Also, anything sweet and sour sounds amazing like, limeaid drinks, sour patch kids, etc. I've been eating a lot of green salad too.
  • I'm feeling so good these days! The experts are right when they say the 2nd trimester is the best! My nausea stopped around week 15 (which is awesome for my appetite!), and I haven't had a migraine since week 18. Finally feeling like 'myself' again! 
  • Every now and then I need a nap, but definitely not feeling the extreme exhaustion I was feeling in the first trimester.
  • I try to exercise everyday, and you can find me at the gym 4-5x/week. Lately I've been taking a lot of classes -- like yoga, step, pilates, kick-boxing, etc. I hope baby likes all the movement!
  • I've been waking up to go to the bathroom for weeks now. I'm lucky if it's only once a night. I really treasure my sleep! If I don't get good sleep -- the following day will not be my best.
  • Another sleep-killer is being congested. My nose gets stuffed up and I end up with dry mouth in the middle of the night! Ugh. I bought some dry mouth gel to help...weird pregnancy side effect.
  • I've been feeling baby kick for a few weeks now (since week 18). It's such a weird sensation and really makes the pregnancy seem more real! I can't wait to share it with Ryan. 
  • My belly finally popped the weekend we were in Florida. I had gained weight, but wasn't showing and I was started to get frustrated -- I wanted to look pregnant! It seemed like it was overnight that I popped out and now everyone can definitely tell I am carrying a lil one with me :)
  • I thought once we knew it was a boy, we would be able to figure out some good name options. We are still struggling through this one! We are taking suggestions...
 xo
Future Mama

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE it!! Keep the posts coming :) You will love to look back at these. (i didn't, but i enjoy porter much more on the outside than when i had to lug him around all the time ;) lol... j/k)

Lexy and Jared said...

You are so beautiful!!! Please, please, please continue to chronicle these wonderful moments :)

Dani said...

LOVE! Logged in on my phone. So excited! :)

Brittney said...

You look so great! I loved the updates. And good luck with the sleeping... it only gets worse. :)

Spilsburys said...

Yea , sorry to say your sleep will never be the same for the rest of your life! But you will get used to it and then it will be the norm . If that makes sense. I know what you mean about the first Trimester Blues .... Im in them right now ... Im dying to get back to normal...My kids and Hubby need me too as well .... 5 more weeks !!! I think I can ... I think I can ....
Excited for you guys !!! Keep the updates coming !

Rita Harrison Family said...

Thanks so much for sharing this special time in your life with all of your teammates at work, Kiley! This brings back so many precious memories and I'm glad the nausea has passed for you. Will look forward to future postings!
Rita