The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Thursday, May 19, 2011

Washington D.C. 
Yes, my job includes travel around the country. 


I love visiting Washington D.C., every time I go I am energized by the people, the history and the energy that the city has to offer. It's also funny to go back-- and realize how much has changed, and how much has stayed the same since I lived in D.C. for a summer (Note: If you want to know what it's like to do an internship in DC read this Blog Post). 

This trip was all business. But a walk through Layfayette square and a cocktail hour outside at the Occidental made it feel like I actually got to enjoy the city for what it is.  The weather was PERFECT. Could not have asked for better weather. But I have to admit, one of the highlights of the trip was seeing Steve Martin up close and personal. He was staying at our hotel so we saw him a few times---classic (sorry no photos of Steve). 

The White House.

Layfayette Park.

Historic buildings surrounding Layfayette Square.

Beautiful sight-lines to the capital on Pennsylvania.

Washington Monument.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I love DC! I am definitely jealous of your job :) I work from home, which awfully boring and sometimes even lonely :(

M said...

I hope you weren't there when we were last week (with Ashley & Matt). I'd feel bad we didn't get to see you. Glad you had a great trip!