SPRING in Chicago!
Seasons like to play jokes on us. So here it is, May and we are still getting confusing weather; one day will be 65, sunny with a light breeze, and the next 40's gray and rainy. I can't wait for consistent spring weather.
One of my FAVORITE things about Chicago is the TULIPS. For those of you who have not been to Chicago in the spring, the City of Chicago plants THOUSANDS of TULIPS each year which brings amazing color and life to this city which has been in a deep winter sleep. It definitely helps give us city dwellers hope for warmer weather and life. Every time I see these tulips I get entranced (just ask my husband). I honestly just can't get enough.
Last weekend we were lucky enough to get a beautiful spring Saturday (which is an even more rare occasion than getting nice weather) so we enjoyed it outside walking along Michigan Ave, State Street and Millennium Park. It was an amazing day. One of my favorites so far. Here are a few photos:
| Water Tower. |
| I love these big open tulips! |
| We came across these awesome tap dancers on Michigan ave-- so cool. |
| Isn't this a gorgeous planter on the street in Chicago? |
| Millenium Park. |
| See the bee? |
| Tulips on State Street in full bloom. |
| The color is just gorgeous. |
![]() |
| Action shot in Millennium Park. |

1 comment:
Love the last picture of you two! Just reading over your posts and LOVING your city pictures. I was in DC a few weeks ago and drove right past our breakfast spot at Kramer Books (or whatever the name of it is). How come we can't ever land in the same city at the same time?!
Love you!
Post a Comment