I love books.
I will be traveling these next few weeks so I am in desperate need of some book recommendations. The last few books I have read (and loved) include:
Same Kind of Different As Me
The Book Thief
Beautiful Boy
These are all non-fiction. Oh wait, The Book Thief is fiction. Why do I always confuse those descriptors? I like fictions, too. Can you help me??
If you don't, I will have to resort to an emotional-last-ditch-effort pick while I'm wandering around the MSP/FLL/SFO/DEN airport(s).
11 comments:
The Glass Castle, Jeanette Walls (a memoir and incredible story)
Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins (you won't be able to put this one down)
The Help, Stockett (I just started this one and am enjoying it)
The Guernsey LIterary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Weird title, but a great book. It is a different writing style (it's nothing but letters between characters, but you still get the imagery and interaction between characters that is great). It takes place during the post-WWII era, in England (London!) and a little island off the coast of England called Guernsey. The main character reminds me very much of Kalli Kronmiller from the ward here - she's adorable and very witty :) It's a really fun book, and there are all kinds of references to places in London and thereabouts that are fun.
I'm a big reader and I love serious fiction or non fiction books but my sister told me to read Bergdorf Blondes and the Debutant Divorce. They were really funny and entertaining. Not my usual reading but I do recommend them.
girls these are GREAT recommendations! i better get on barnesandnoble.com and start ordering!!
I haven't read the others, but if you want a great non-fiction and haven't read it already, I liked Three Cups of Tea. Have a fun trip.
I've also heard Hunger Games is a must read. I swear all my brothers and cousins are reading it right now. Enjoy your travels! :)
The Poisonwood Bible. It's a story about a baptist family that goes to Congo to preach the gospel, and what they experience there.
It is useful to try everything in practise anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)
what kind of books are you looking for? I enjoyed these:
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, Peace Like A River by Leif Enger. My sister in law recommended these books to me:
In the Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez, The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery, and a bunch of others...
I am so disappointed I forgot to give you some of my books that I love. I second the nomination of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Also, I just finished, These is My Words which I enjoyed. I love the books by Vince Flynn, Brad Thor and others of that genre. Darn it!! I could have saved you so much money!!
P.S. I read your blog all the time! :)
Post a Comment