The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Thursday, November 06, 2008

Hi my name is Kiley and I love me a Dr. Pepper

I used to think that I had my addiction under control. I would always always drink water (with lemon of course), until a paper would be due, midterms, or some other stressful time in my life when I would begin to indulge in my favorite drink. Often, I would frequent Sonic or Crest to take this addiction to the highest level of quality with a little Vanilla in my Dr. Pepper. Seriously, could life get any better than this?

Upon my return to the fateful Tanner Building this fall, the C4C (caffeine for cougars) was back in full effect and began to drink DPs daily. However, as time when on one drink turned into 2-3 drinks/day. A bit excessive? Perhaps. However, the true expression of this addiction came when my loving boyfriend had a 44oz V.D.P ready for me in the car when he picked me up for our date. So sweet, but totally made me realize: I have an addiction.

So, I made an executive decision to QUIT. Yes, my friends, I said QUIT. It has now been 19 days and I am not only clean from DP, but also from my other love/lust ... starbucks java chip ice cream. Sigh. I'm such a good person.

I have 11 more days to reach my goal.

6 comments:

Doug Wade said...

I had to develop migraines from the excess caffeine intake to notice I had a problem. Oh Dr. Pepper, how I love you. I haven't had one since July 31st.

Tenille Gates said...

i give you props...D.P is DElicious and i get headaches when i dont have it for a couple of days. yikes! i AM an addict but the 'first step' is recognizing that ;0) I didnt know you had a bf..its about TIME! :0) i hope all is well with you ♥

Unknown said...

LOL.... awesome!

Anonymous said...

That is no small feat! Congrats!!! My wife is an addict, but limits herself to one-a-day with strictness. I too enjoy the prune juice now and then. Way to go!!

Becs said...

This made me so happy! I miss you and I need an update of what is going on in your life!

Holly Hansen said...

The official name is Cougars for Caffeine. (C4C) While, to be a member of the club it is true that you most likely love the stuff, you are not required to drink it daily. Those who support others in their addiction are welcomed to my club with open arms, including those who quit...