The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Friday, May 25, 2007

PollPub.com VoteOnce you are in a new relationship, what do you do with the ex photo albums/paraphernalia?
Why would I take it down? He/She will always have a place in my heart.
I'm too lazy to move them from the top of the closet, besides, what if I want to reminisce about old times?
I thought I was normal and spoke for most people when I seal my old stuff in a box and put it in the attic.
What paraphernalia? Anything I had was destroyed in the freak post break up gasoline accident.



View Results

Poll powered by PollPub.com Free Polls
























A friend of mine recently found herself in this situation. To help her out, I decided to take a poll on what "normal" people do. Considering my sample size isn't large enough to define normal, I'll take your opinions.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I don't care if you trash it, destroy it, or hide it in the garage...just get it out of my face. It is a part of that person's past (which is where it belongs) so get it out of the present (the closet, are you serious?). A little consideration for the other person is nice, no one is asking you to destroy the memories, just don't rub them in your partner's face by keeping them so close.

Unknown said...

wow. whoever this "anonymous" person is has serious security issues. You don't have to burn or trash or destroy anything. The past is what got you to the present. There is nothing wrong with keeping a few personal items from your past, it is a good reminder of why you are where you are. Not to mention, if your parter freaks out and is so insecure about a few pictures at teh top of a closet, than they definitely aren't secure enough to be in a relationship. PERIOD!
but i still feel its a personal decision, if you can't stand looking at the stuff, chuck it. but your not a terrible person if you keep a few things for memories sake.
geez.... chill out!
:)

BrittanyB said...

I kept all my ex photos and keepsakes untill right before I got married. Then I realized I had no need for them anymore, and no sentimental attatchment to them anymore either.

Ryan and Kiley said...

i have stuff back at my parents house, and a few pictures on my computer; more for the memories and period of my life than anything else, because i don't feel any attachment towards it/them anymore.

Amanda said...

Why get rid of those pictures when I look absolutely amazing in all of them? It's not my fault he's a putz and I'm fabulous. How is one to reconcile that anyway?

Ryan and Kiley said...

thank you amanda for recognizing my lack of fully diverse options.

Ashley and Brandon Fontes said...

ummm i couldn't vote, but why destroy it? Some of my best pictures are with my ex's.... so I dont get rid of those pictures, I flaunt them. If you really can't handle it, cover him up and forget about him. Dont put those pictures away!