The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My Modeling Career.



Deseret Book puts on an event called Time Out for Women at various cities throughout the United States. Its a great event with inspiration speakers such as Sheri Dew, Steven Robinson, and Michael McLean (and sometimes you are fortunate enough to get the gorgeous Scott McLean as well). Last year, there was one held in Long Beach, and my mom thought it would be fun to have a Mother/Daughter Day out of it. So we show up at the Long Beach Convention Center, and can't even get inside the door before we are stopped by a random camera man and asked if he can take our picture beside the Time Out for Women Sign. Flattered, of course, we laughed and take the picture. Throughout the day we saw the camera man taking pictures of the event, as well as many other pictures of the thousands of women that attended the event.


A few months later I got an email from my cousin that read,

"Kiley, I think I saw a picture of you and your mom on an email that was sent out about Time Out For Women, is that you?" I had her track down the email and send it to me. I was HORRIFIED. The picture is terrible!! (My version was much better!) He caught us mid laugh, but there we were, posing in front of the Time Out For Women Sign. I immediately called my mom and shared the story with her. We were the poster girls for Time Out for Women. However, little did we know how far this would go. We continuously got phone calls and emails asking if this was us ... I even got a call from an old friend that lived in Idaho, who saw us on a brochure for Time Out For Women on his aunts refrigerator. Just when we would think they had switched our picture out, we would get more phone calls about the picture. However, the pinacle of this picture was when my Relief Society President approached me on Sunday and asked, "Are you a model for Time Out for Women? ... I was in Riverside this weekend at Time Out for Women, and your picture kept popping up on the (huge) screen."



Over a year later and they are still using our picture picture to intice people to come to Time Out For Women, we are still on the website, mailers, brochures, and even the big screen they use duringn the event. There was no written consent for this picture to be used... I think I should get be awknowledged for the vast success of the event, especially considering how terrible I look.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

hahhahaha. you know what. come to think of it. i have seen this before, but it never registered till now. i mean, i knew it was you and your mom, but it never clicked that it was the two of you on a random poster.
lol. its not a terrible picture either, but you can definitely tell your laughing. hahaha
good story!

me :) said...

You're famous!!!

Breelzebub said...

AWESOME!