The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A new 'regular' and something new.
Our list of our favorite 'regular' restaurants in Chicago is VERY short. We are constantly trying new places and hardly ever go to the same place twice!! That being said, we have found a few favorites that we will go back to. One of which is 90 Miles Cuban Cafe. I loooove cuban food, and while this doesn't compare to my LA favorites, it comes pretty darn close. I love the atmosphere and especially the indoor heated patio (amazing in the winter!)

I'm pretty sure my cute husband was making his Words with Friends Move --
We were driving through Bucktown when I looked to my right and saw a whole store covered in this: 
Ryan did not buy me the Gourmet Velvet Heart that night.
It was too festive and fun NOT to go in. Once we walked inside this quaint, historic Chicago Ice Cream shop, I had to beg Ryan to make room in his belly for some ice cream!! It's been a Chicago Establishment for almost 100 years and was actually on my Chicago restaurant bucket list! We sat in a very cozy booth and read up on Wikipedia about it while we waited for our ice cream. It was such a fun detour on our way home. Love love love. 

Snugly in our booth!

Oh, and did I mention that it was January, I wasn't wearing my down coat & I did not even need gloves to hold my loves hand? Amazing!
I HAD to document it- no gloves in January!

No comments: