The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Monday, July 12, 2010

The 4th Part II

Sorry for the delay ... things have been a little busy around here lately, I'll try to keep up with my posting.

On Sunday, the actual 4th, we went to church, and were surprised to find that 1/2 of the electricity wasn't working-- which included the AC! It was weird to walk into the building with no lights in the hallway and only half of the lights working in the chapel. All the doors were open but Sacrament meeting was still HOT. We survived, though, and had a great time teaching our 9 year olds in the heat :)

After church we had a bbq- Hunt Family Style. I found tri-tip steaks (which are unheard of to find outside of central CA). I made my momma's famous potato salad and her famous baked beans and then my favorite mid-west sweet corn. YUM. I guess I was too excited about the steaks to take a picture of the whole spread :)


After dinner we headed to Excelsior for the MN Orchestra concert and fireworks show. We brought dessert along for a little picnic. I was quite proud of my patriotic trifle! The concert was amazing I loved hearing all the patriotic music--- and I think Tom and Jeralyn really enjoyed it as well. The fireworks display was one of the best I've seen ... but I decided to snuggle up next to my hubby & leave my camera in my bag :)












On Monday we made a big breakfast and then headed to to explore. We went to Minnehaha Falls which were so beautiful, and then were lead by Jeralyn on a hike. We had no idea where we were going, and it was so much fun to explore! Where we ended up was well worth the journey.





















After our little adventure we hit up an ice cream truck for a treat. It was so hot and humid that day that we needed an immediate sweet cold treat to hit our lips. We then took Tom and Jeralyn to St Paul. The gorgeous Victorian homes on Summit Ave never get old, nor does the beautiful St. Paul Cathedral. After a walk across the bridge over the Mississippi we decided to check out the Science Museum. Boy, was that fun! I was kind of surprised how much I enjoyed getting in touch with my science side :) We were surprised to find a good 'ol midwestern rain storm when we went to leave. Ryan and I volunteered to run and get the car-- and we literally RAN! 5 blocks later and we were soaked head to toe. It was so much fun.












Tom and Jeralyn wanted one more Minnesota treat--- and that was Lions Tap burgers. A round of 1919's and a few burgers and our stomachs were happy.



We had a such a great 4th of July weekend with Tom & Jeralyn-- we can't wait for your next visit!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

At first I was going to mock you for wearing those cute sandles hiking/trail blazing through the mud, but then I realized you had them on ALL DAY!! and now I can only admire how you managed to keep your feet attached to your legs! my gosh, my feet would have been throbbing after a day like that in nothing supportive! your crazy. ;) but stylish. i'll give you that!

Ryan and Kiley said...

yeah the hike was definitely not in the original plans.... i asked ryan if i needed to wear my toms or something and he said "no"... thanks ry :) and thanks Kelse, I try :)

Alyssa said...

I love your flowered shirt - where'd you get it? And I love to read your blog - you seem to live such a charmed life so it's kind of fun to follow all the different things that you do. Plus I've never been to Minnesota so for now it's the best way I have to experience it :)

Ryan and Kiley said...

alyssa i was just thinking of you! how are you my dear? my shirt is from jcrew-- the final sale :) we do love minnesota- did you see on my blog we are moving to chicago now? if you haven't lived there then you can live vicariously through me there too! i'm sure i'll post anything and everything we do there. haha :)

eliza said...

P.S. Tri-tip is a Steele family favorite as well. So I guess word of it spread up to Northern California. :) Yum!