I love the 4th of July Holiday. Everyone is happy, friendly, and most importantly, grateful. It always means family, bbq's, fireworks and of course, wearing RED WHITE & BLUE.
This year the 4th was especially fun because we got to share it with Ryan's parents who came to visit us in Minnesota! We enjoyed lots of bbq's, humid weather, concerts in the park, canoeing the St. Croix river, hiking along the Mississippi river, and so many other wonderful things. Thank you for a fantastic holiday weekend, Tom & Jeralyn!!
At the Minnesota Arboretum
Their Dalias are just SO amazing!!
On our way to canoe, we got stuck in some heavy traffic (a one-way road and a holiday weekend will do that to you!) At one point we ended up Main Street, USA! It looked so quaint I had to take a photo.
My father-in-law, Tom, and I were pretty excited about this teapot-water-tower!! It is so cool. Why can't Hopkins have a cool water tower?
Out on the St. Croix
Saturday morning I got to go antique shopping with Jeralyn, where we scored this gem:

THANKS Jeralyn!!
Then we took Tom and Jeralyn with us to a 4th of July bbq with our friends from the Minnetonka Ward. Tom liked taking action shots of us:
(I'll spare you some of the other action shots, like me diving into my chicken leg).
Then we headed over to the Mill City Museum-- this awesome old mill that had been destroyed in an explosion has been converted into a museum so you can learn about the old Mills. It was pretty sweet.
We had dinner at PUNCH, my favorite pizza place in the twin cities and then went to the Minneapolis Pops Orchestra concert at the Lake Harriett Bandshell with Rob and Allyse!
1 comment:
what a fun weekend. I still think the vase picture is the best. I'm kinda sad you didn't include the antler chair :)
Post a Comment