So, who KNEW we had a national pumpkin crop shortage last year??
Who KNEW that would result in a scarcity in canned pumpkin THIS year??
NOT ME!!
Needless to say, I was quite upset when I found out about the pumpkin shortage. Lucky for me, my mom came through and before I found my canned pumpkin, she got me a couple big cans and sent them to me via USPS! Best mom Ever!!
Now for my long term solution...I don't know about you people, but here in Minnesota I had to look high and low until I found myself a few cans of pumpkin!
Who would have thought I would find it at my local oriental market? Thank you, all you big grocery chains who didn't go out and buy in bulk for me, you made things pretty difficult, but don't you worry, I found it and I am going to make all the pumpkin bread, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin rolls and pumpkin cookies I can!!
Fall, you are now welcome to arrive. I have canned pumpkin.
5 comments:
hey! I know...so disappointing, I am definitely going on the search for some pumkin...I may have to get the address to your market that you found it at...let the search begin!!!
Yeah, NEVER would have guessed the oriental market! Your mom told me about your crisis and we actually made canned pumpkin together--so fun! Although, not half as easy as the store bought version. I'm glad you found it :-)
Kiley! Oh my goodness! I had the SAME problem!!! No major grocery store around here had pumpkin for weeks! LAME! I feel like this should have made the news or something, as it is the season for pumpkin treats! Ha!
Hey I sent you pumpkin and I did not get any print! Glad you found some...Love your mama
Your the best! Thanks
Post a Comment