The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Tuesday, June 17, 2008

No Water= No Food.

I saw on the news that there was a Water Main that broke in Montgomery County/Rockville, MD yesterday and noted that there were people without water--period. I also noted that my office is in Rockville, MD; but did not connect any direct interference into my life.

That is until I tried to buy lunch.

Normally, I go out to lunch. It gives me a chance to get out of the office and have a break in my day. However, today my boss decided that we should have a BYOL meeting. Since my commute takes over an hour every morning, I thus decided I would buy a salad from the Cafeteria on the first floor for my BYOL. As I entered the cafeteria, however, it was EMPTY. Not only of people, but of food as well. Apparently because of the water main breakage, the restaraunt didnt have water; to wash hands, cook, etc. So I bought an apple.

As soon as my boss caught wind of this, he decided we could grab potbelly's (an east coast college-style sandwich place). We jet off to Potbellys only to find that they too, were closed (note: we did call in advance to make sure it was open, but found out later we called the wrong one!). Immediately we headed 1 mile in the other direction to a shopping plaza, Falls Grove. Falls Grove clearly hadn't been affected by the water main break because it was flooded with cars. We had to park in corporate parking, run to safeway to grab a quick bite -- which turned out to be my only saving grace. Safeway is selling stomphouse chili today (Miss Stephanie can attest to this being my favorite!) Quickly feeling right at home, I grab some chili, a bread bowl and head out the door.

What an adventure.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yummmm...Potbelly's! Brings back memories of the O-H!