The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Monday, June 16, 2008

The 2nd Day I forgot My Umbrella.

Not that it would really make a difference this time. The storm was out of control, with water up to my ankles. I left work early in an attempt to miss the wrath of the storm, and thought I had it timed perfectly until the Shuttle that picks me up from the Metro didn't show up! Thus allowing me to find refuge under a freeway underpass (still getting wet by the storm). I covered my ears as the thunder raged, and chivered as the temperature dropped from 80 to 60 degrees.

I finally got home 45 minutes later to a black apartment. Apparently the big storm wiped out my power. I did some work by candlelight for a few hours and ate a sandwich and some carrots (did you know that no power means no way to cook food?!) Needless to say I quickly realized how much I rely upon technology and especially power on a daily basis. It is the basis of everything that I do! I was even ashamed of myself when I caught myself saying "thank goodness I have the internet on my Blackberry!".

What has the world come to?

Note: the power did come back on 5 hours later...

1 comment:

Bill said...

no pity...try riding home on a scooter