The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Thursday, December 28, 2006

Holiday Season Over?

I am so sad to see the 2006 Holiday Season come to an end. Despite my excitment and exuberance for the holiday throughout the month of December (ok and it began in November as well) I still felt like I didn't completely grasp the Christmas Spirit. I place some of the blame on my failed attempt to watch my favorite Christmas Classics, such as, It's a Wonderful Life as well as A Christmas Story (I know! How could such a thing happen?!) However, I did watch Mr. Kruegars Christmas, and a plethora of other Christmas Movies that got me in the Christmas Spirit. I was able to enjoy spending quality time with my family and creating new memories, as well as planning for future traditions. Below is our family Christmas Card Photo. I think it turned out Fabulously! My favorite part about Christmas this year was being able to feel the love of my family. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family, and I wish we could share that with one another more.


This time of year also tends to strike a note on the "resolution" side of us all. We come up with a long list of goals to achieve before midnight of 2007. I can not say that I am excluded from some of these typical resolutions, such as, going back to the gym and actually going to the grocery store so I can eat healthy once again. I have many other goals for myself, however, instead of getting overwhelming and listing them all, instead, I simply wish that this next year I will take a few more minutes each day to be thoughtful, caring, and kind towards others. That is my favorite part of the Christmas Season, is that we are all striving to make others happy. "If everyday could be Christmas, what a wonderful world it would be. We could carry this feeling of Christmas, all through the year..." Ok, so its a cheesy BoysIIMen song, but its true. If we each thought more of others, and less of ourselves, we could make the world a better place, just by being better at being ourselves.

No comments: