Since many of you have been requesting more blog posts, and more updates, I decided I would acquiesce the request :)
The last month has been totally crazy--- right after I got engaged, I spent some time in Utah, and then went to VEGAS for my moms' first TRIATHALON! Yes, she is officially an IRONGIRL! I was so proud of her!! I totally ran her in the last 2 miles and felt like that was my contribution to the event :) From there I went home to Bakersfield for Mothers Day, and then spent the week at home beginning to plan the wedding. Then, I flew out to Miami and went on THE BEST CRUISE EVER! With a few fabulous girls from school (shout-out here to Katie, Heidi and Geneva!) The Bahamas will never be the same now that we have spent time on those islands ... After the cruise I flew to Minneapolis to see Ryan for the FIRST TIME since we got engaged!! We had such a great time!! We looked at homes (we are looking to buy), explored the countryside, went for walks to the lake, and so much more. That trip made me all the more excited to move there this summer!
After the trip to Minneapolis, I came home, and really got to work on wedding plans. My mom offered to make my dress, so we headed to LA and got the fabric and lace for that. We began our plans for the reception here in Bakersfield, and also started perusing the St. George options for flowers and dinner after the ceremony. Mom and I also took a trip to SF with my dad and found my shoes, perfume, mother of the bride dress, Ryans suit, and so much more! It was such a productive trip! And so fun to spend some time in the city!! After San Francisco, mom and I drove to Utah to get some things going for the wedding in St. George, and then we headed to Provo to pack up my apartment. While I was there I got to see a few of my favorite Provo people, which was so wonderful.
Now, I'm back in California. I spent most of last week spending time with my favorite people in Orange County-- I stayed with Debbie on Balboa Island which was amazing, as well as with Miss Anna Montoya!! I love love Orange County and will miss living and visiting there ... sigh. Now I just have 2 weeks until I'm back in Utah again taking Matthew to the MTC and picking up Ashley from the airport. And THEN I will be MOVING to Minnesota!! Eeek!! Its coming up so fast. A few bridal showers in between, a few more wedding planning to do lists to take care of, and I'll be with my Fiance living in the Mid West!
Phew. So there's my update. And below are a few pics.
The Lake.
6 comments:
looks like a very pretty place!
Cute pictures. I'm excited for you
You're hot, so's he. Good job! How fun for you guys.
wow congrats i had no idea you were engaged til i saw your facebook. Exciting! Wow sounds like you have been super busy going to the bay area to utah to cali and everywhere! When are you getting married?
I am so very happy for you! cant wait to see you next!
CONGRATS on the engagement!!!
Post a Comment